PDA

View Full Version : inspection grading

Stew....pid
18-05-2011, 10:59 PM
How do i find out my grading when inspected by OFSTED ?? or wouldnt i of been graded yet ?

Sorry for being thick :blush:

Penny1959
19-05-2011, 04:29 AM
Hi Stewart

You first 'inspection' - the one before you get certificate is not graded because you will not have had children in YOUR care (this means even if your wife / partner was minding on the day and you did help with the children - it does not count in Ofsteds eyes).

The first graded one is aprox after 6 months of registration. The inspector will tell you the grade on the day - but you are supposed to keep it secret until inspectors judgement has been agreed on by his / her manager. You can also appeal if you think judgement not based on facts but on personal opinion / not related to EYFS

Penny :)

Stew....pid
19-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Thanks for that Penny, its just came up in a respite leaflet thingy :)

mushpea
19-05-2011, 05:55 AM
oops,, I didnt know you were supposed to keep it a secret:blush:
nor did I know you could appeal,, I new you could complain about somthing,, does that mean that as I missed out on an outstanding over a few silly things I could appeal?

Penny1959
19-05-2011, 06:41 PM
oops,, I didnt know you were supposed to keep it a secret:blush:
nor did I know you could appeal,, I new you could complain about somthing,, does that mean that as I missed out on an outstanding over a few silly things I could appeal?

Yes - BUT has to be evidenced to EYFS - and of course outstanding does mean you do more than is required and self evaluate etc. So would depend what the 'silly thing' was

Penny

mushpea
19-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Yes - BUT has to be evidenced to EYFS - and of course outstanding does mean you do more than is required and self evaluate etc. So would depend what the 'silly thing' was

Penny

it was a few things,, one was I dont have a toothbrush for the children, another was on my emergency medical forms it says to seek emergency medical care and not saying to seek emergency medical care or advice,, another was because I dont talk to a senco but I have no children with sen at the moment , there were other little bits like this,,,, but as you have said keeping up with the required paper work etc would be a pain and to be honest I didnt want an outstanding to begin with it was only because she said I missed out only by about half a dozen things that made me a bit miffed ,, dont think I will bother as I have my report today and it reads quite well.

sarah707
19-05-2011, 07:13 PM
it was a few things,, one was I dont have a toothbrush for the children,

You could appeal that one - it's not statutory.

another was on my emergency medical forms it says to seek emergency medical care and not saying to seek emergency medical care or advice,,

That one is statutory so you have got it wrong sorry

another was because I dont talk to a senco but I have no children with sen at the moment ,

There are 17 judgements and they have to find evidence for each one. If they have to miss one out then they can't give you a high grade on it... regardless of whether it's fair or not :(

there were other little bits like this,,,, but as you have said keeping up with the required paper work etc would be a pain and to be honest I didnt want an outstanding to begin with it was only because she said I missed out only by about half a dozen things that made me a bit miffed ,, dont think I will bother as I have my report today and it reads quite well.

If you are happy with your report then I'd leave it... :D

Penny1959
20-05-2011, 04:28 AM
it was a few things,, one was I dont have a toothbrush for the children, another was on my emergency medical forms it says to seek emergency medical care and not saying to seek emergency medical care or advice,, another was because I dont talk to a senco but I have no children with sen at the moment , there were other little bits like this,,,, but as you have said keeping up with the required paper work etc would be a pain and to be honest I didnt want an outstanding to begin with it was only because she said I missed out only by about half a dozen things that made me a bit miffed ,, dont think I will bother as I have my report today and it reads quite well.

Glad you are happy with your report, sometimes during feedback the inspector does not word it that well (and in an ideal world the inspector should make it clear when a statutory requirement has not been met or they do not have not enough evidence for one of the judgements).

Penny :)