PDA

View Full Version : I said my first noooo

sarah32
29-04-2008, 06:57 AM
Little boy I look after came down with really bad sticky eye yesterday so thought it was conjuntivitis so phoned mum to see if she wanted to get a doctors appointment but she said no she would just put milk in his eye, and that I could do it if I wanted, said I couldnt or wouldnt put anything in his eyes. If he had to have this he would have to stay off tomorrow.

Well she picked him up and said it wasnt that bad but it had been, id been wiping it with cotton wool.:mad:

Shes just rang me to say its been weeping and is very dry but she'll clean him up, said I couldnt have him at least 24 hours as Ive got to think about the other mindee's now. She said ok she'd make alternative arrangements.

I was saying no to myself all the way through the conversation and finally did it, normally a push over. But a couple of months ago other mindee came to me with a uposet belly and passed it to her child and she was really angry so I thought Im going to have to start putting my foot down.:clapping:

I hope I did the right thing, I dont want to catch it and Ive also got my two kids to think off.

sarah707
29-04-2008, 06:58 AM
Well done! I'd have said the same thing! :D

crazybones
29-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Well done. I do that "No, no no" in my head but my mouth usually comes out Yes :o

mrsbumbles
29-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Well done for sticking to your rules :clapping:

I often back down when confronted by a parent :panic:

I must get some more back bone, been on the asertivative trainning and i am still a shivering wreak when it comes to confronting parents with problems :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
29-04-2008, 07:17 AM
Well done:clapping: :clapping:

The first time is always the hardest;)

angeldelight
29-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Well done Sarah you did the right thing

Angel xx

sarah32
29-04-2008, 07:31 AM
I think im getting paranoid, my eyes are watering.:(

I did feel bad after saying it but thanks everyone for saying I did the right thing. I was getting fed up with parents sending their kids to me ill.

I was off last week for 2 days with cough which I caught from the kids and the parents were quick enough not to pay me for those days, bit peeved as caught it off all the kids as all have coughs.:angry:

emler
29-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Well done you!

Emler x

wendywu
29-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Milk in the eyes whatever next, sounds like the woman uses a witch doctor:eek: And as for saying you should do the same Ofsted would have a fiels day. Some parents, what is wrong with the good old national health.:panic:

Noodles
29-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Well done it is so difficult to say no to parents especially if they turn up on the doorstep with the child.:) :)

Jinx
29-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Well done for saying No. It's hard to do isn't it!!!! I'm sat here looking at a little boy with a constant snot trail heading for either his mouth, sleeve or my sofa!!! :(

Seem to spend much of my time these days looking like I've been attacked by a snail!! :rolleyes:
Jinx x

Alibali
29-04-2008, 04:31 PM
I think the milk in the eye may have come from breast feeding, breast milk contains antibodies that can clear up sticky eyes, but not ordinary milk.

A friends mindee had conjunctivitis last week when we were all off school, so 4 of us minders spent some time together, and lo and behold the other 3 minders lo's now have it. Stick to your guns!

Ali x

Splish Splosh
29-04-2008, 04:52 PM
well done to sticking to your guns hard i know.

sarah32
29-04-2008, 04:56 PM
He went to the doctors today with his grandad who was already going, said it could be conjuntivits but looks like already clearing up.

Mum rang me to say shes made alternative arrangement tomorrow. What a surprise.:)

Chimps Childminding
29-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Well done for saying no, its really hard itsn't it? i had a mum ring me last week to say her little girl was feeling sick (heaving but not actually being sick) and could she still come? luckily she dropped into the conversation that nan was on hand if needed, so i said i would rather she didn't as i had a 10 month old baby that day! felt really guilty all day, but found out later in the week that she had actually been sick and so felt a bit better about saying no! but its really difficult! :doh:

Michelle M
29-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Well done for saying no, :)