PDA

View Full Version : Home Inspections

caza
29-04-2008, 06:56 AM
Hi, I just wanted to ask a quick question about what to expect when they come round to check my home to see if it is suitable. If they see something that they are not totally happy with do they give you opportunity to sort the problem out then pay you another visit or do they just say no your house is not suitable and leave?

The reason I ask is that the more I think about it the more I am sure that they wont be happy with back fence in our back garden. Its not a very secure fence but we never really considered it to be a problem as our garden backs onto open fields so no risk of traffic etc. I have been speaking to my husband and we have both agreed we will sort the fence but we might not be able to sort it before they come round. I know this is something we should have thought of before but with our daughter and the dogs its never been an issue, and I would hate for that to blow my chance of being a childminder.

Caroline

sarah707
29-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Ofsted will tell you what you need to do and you will get a form to sign to say you have done it... about 6 months after inspection, they will come out and see you. Sometimes they do spot checks! :D

sarah32
29-04-2008, 07:15 AM
I had things to do in my house and garden when I had my 1st inspection, she said as long as Id listed what had to be done and understand they needed doing before minding that was ok.

Michelle M
29-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Ofsted were great when they came, they just made some recommendaions, like safety film on glass doors. Dont worry I am sure that everything will be fine, you may want to point out that you will be making the fence more secure. I made a list of things that would be done, and printed off a load of toys I will be using for the different age groups etc :)