PDA

View Full Version : over 8's can i take on 2 along with my usual 6 under 8's?

mrs robbie williams
18-05-2011, 06:23 PM
sorry for the long title, have a lady looking for half term care for her 2 children aged 9 and 11 - is this ok as i also have my usual under 8's x 6? thanks xx

BuggsieMoo
18-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Yes as long as your care of the under 8's is not impacted on by having them. x

chrissie250
18-05-2011, 06:29 PM
I understand it as, as long as your priority is your under 8's and by taking on these 2 over 8's it will not interfere with the care and attention they need as well as the care and attention the over 8's will need then yes you can and you can have however many you can properly cater for ie space, resources etc etc obviously not 10!! unless you live in a mansion with eyes up your butt lol

I have quite a number of older children and younger ones too, all i will say is it can be hard, hence why i have decided as my younger ones move onto school i am going to concentrate on before and after school children and holidays if needed.

HTH
Chrissie

tulip0803
18-05-2011, 06:30 PM
It does depend on your area. I think Kent are very very strict and you can only have 6 children in your care if you go over this you need to apply for planning permission for change of use on your house.

I have a restriction of 6 mindees set by my planning department.

mrs robbie williams
18-05-2011, 06:36 PM
ok thanks girls - will check up on the planning permission thing, they werent interested when i said i was becoming a cm so hopefully it will remain that way :thumbsup: we have quite a large house, 5 bedrooms, lounge, sep playroom and big garden so plenty of room for them all to run around :D

tulip0803
18-05-2011, 06:37 PM
There are some more threads on numbers here (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=80545&highlight=kent+planning) and here (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=77661&highlight=kent+planning)

tulip0803
18-05-2011, 06:38 PM
ok thanks girls - will check up on the planning permission thing, they werent interested when i said i was becoming a cm so hopefully it will remain that way :thumbsup: we have quite a large house, 5 bedrooms, lounge, sep playroom and big garden so plenty of room for them all to run around :D

It is more to do with impact on neighbours and definately not a way of the council getting more money out of us:rolleyes: :p