PDA

View Full Version : Any Pediatric first aid courses in Worcs/Bham/Dudley?

jennyandchris
18-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi,
Both me and my Mum (who childmind together) need to renew our Pediatric first aid course. Mine isn't until November time but my Mum could do with doing hers asap. We would both prefer to do weekend courses as fewer days as possible! We live in Romsley (near Halesowen) which means we come under Worcestershire, but we are much closer to Sandwell and Dudley. The only courses that Worcs council are running on 2 saturdays are in Worcester, which is really far from us. We were just wondering if anyone is organising any that we could attend?
I'm aware of one I could do in Redditch at the end of November - just checking if there are any others!
Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Jenny.

Ali56
18-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Don't know if its any help but when mine needed renewing I left it till the last minute so I called the local first aid training provider (switch training) as sometimes they run private courses that have spaces. I got on a course the same week! :)
There are various national providers too who do the same, and your local council may offer help with the fees too. Def worth ringing rather than just checking on the 'net!
Good luck :D

angeldelight
18-05-2011, 09:56 PM
There are some in Birmingham if that's any good.

Message me and I will email you the details

Angel xx

Rainy
18-05-2011, 10:17 PM
I can't seem to get on one either. I am now over due and the only course in my area is full. I enquired about others in my area but there are no others planned as yet right up unitl the end of July :panic:

jennyandchris
19-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks Ali56, but have tried that, and they are either full or I have to pay ridiculous amounts of money!!!
Angel may be on to something for me though!
Thanks for your help though.

The Juggler
19-05-2011, 10:49 AM
I am just doing mine with Red Cross (through our local adult education college). Call you local branch and find out where they run them direct, what colleges they run them through and ours also offer to put a private one together if you can get 10 or so people.

Very reasonably priced too.:thumbsup: