PDA

View Full Version : Banking

Louise317
18-05-2011, 12:26 PM
I was wondering what people do about banking...

Do you have a business account or use a standard account ?
Do you have a savings for Tax/NI ? (do you save 10-25% ?)

Was looking at reviews for business account and you can end up paying £500 in charges :rolleyes:

Stew....pid
18-05-2011, 12:31 PM
i just use my normal account, im self employed not trading as or Ltd so a normal bank account works for me :)

Louise317
18-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks Stewart, I was thinking about opening another normal account...

I want to keep it away from the 'house' account and save for tax straight away (in the hope that I just get a nice bonus at the year end :) )

kel1983
18-05-2011, 12:56 PM
I set up another personal account on the side of my existing account so I can keep track of money.

They are all linked online so I can transfer straight from one to the other etc.

I am gonna try and get another savings account or ISA that I can use to save incase I need to pay TAX. I dont think that is gonna be very likely this year though as I have not really made much profit.

miffy
18-05-2011, 02:02 PM
I use my ordinary account not a business one and have a savings account attached to it so I can easily move money back and forth - works for me :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

SamBaker
18-05-2011, 04:06 PM
I opened another account for my business money but it was only a normal one and I put my Tax, NI and the deposits in a savings account. I havn't got business accounts, just lots of normal accounts, bit like piggy banks lol! The bank didn't mind what I was doing.

tulip0803
18-05-2011, 04:32 PM
I have an ordinary account and then place so much in a savings account that is slightly awkward to access to stop me using the money:D