PDA

View Full Version : Home contents insurance

cloud9
18-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Hi Guys,

I know this question has been asked before as i've come across an old post but can someone tell me what percentage you claim for home contents insurance.

The old thread had a link to this:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/bim52751.htm

but im unsure as to which column i should be following:
Heating and lighting or water rates council tax and rent.

Thanks guys!

Chatterbox Childcare
18-05-2011, 11:01 AM
I claim 10% for house and contents

auntym
18-05-2011, 11:28 AM
I told my insurance we wwere self employed and im childminder but mine didnt go up. Can I still put 10% through

Chatterbox Childcare
18-05-2011, 11:39 AM
I told my insurance we wwere self employed and im childminder but mine didnt go up. Can I still put 10% through

This is what I was told by HMRC

cloud9
18-05-2011, 11:40 AM

I only noticed because I am using the mm accounts paperwork this year and it has its own column. Looking at thee guiddance from hmrc and on here you can claim for a percentage.

Is the 10% a set figure or is it based on a 40,hour week so will have to be adjusted weekly accordingly?

Chatterbox Childcare
18-05-2011, 11:54 AM
I only noticed because I am using the mm accounts paperwork this year and it has its own column. Looking at thee guiddance from hmrc and on here you can claim for a percentage.

Is the 10% a set figure or is it based on a 40,hour week so will have to be adjusted weekly accordingly?

I was advised that 10% of the total cover was a fair estimate - all about justification