PDA

View Full Version : FED UP :(

ClaireCM
18-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Ok, so I know that i have phases where i feel like this and then phases where i almost leap out of bed and bound to work in the mornings, but still i hate feeling so fed up about my job and need to vent it!!
Sometimes i feel so unappreciated, I work ten hours a day (more than my boyfriend or any family members who are soo hard working and hard done by!) and children (as you all know) are such hard work. We have so much fun but at the moment the two full time mindees i look after are total nightmares, as are their families.
I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs sometimes when they speak to me!
I think they think that im some sort of wonder woman who can bend and lflex to fit all these outrageous demands that everybody wants!

One mindees mum has changed the days around that she wants 4 times since easter, she wants to cut from 5 days per week to 3 and then to 5 and then wait, actually to 4!
The other mindees mum has her boy in preschool 1 and a half days, then she wants to take him out, then she wants to keep his days there, then she wants him out and then maybe he will do more days there per week!!!

Im trying to take on another child who in the end ive had to turn away because i am in such a muddle!
Not only that but neither of them has ever thanked me for the endless 'extras' i help them out with already (late collection times and minding other siblings to name a few)
Im exhausted and right now I want out of this job!!! :'(

VINASOL
18-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Ok, so I know that i have phases where i feel like this and then phases where i almost leap out of bed and bound to work in the mornings, but still i hate feeling so fed up about my job and need to vent it!!
Sometimes i feel so unappreciated, I work ten hours a day (more than my boyfriend or any family members who are soo hard working and hard done by!) and children (as you all know) are such hard work. We have so much fun but at the moment the two full time mindees i look after are total nightmares, as are their families.
I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs sometimes when they speak to me!
I think they think that im some sort of wonder woman who can bend and lflex to fit all these outrageous demands that everybody wants!

One mindees mum has changed the days around that she wants 4 times since easter, she wants to cut from 5 days per week to 3 and then to 5 and then wait, actually to 4!
The other mindees mum has her boy in preschool 1 and a half days, then she wants to take him out, then she wants to keep his days there, then she wants him out and then maybe he will do more days there per week!!!

Im trying to take on another child who in the end ive had to turn away because i am in such a muddle!
Not only that but neither of them has ever thanked me for the endless 'extras' i help them out with already (late collection times and minding other siblings to name a few)
Im exhausted and right now I want out of this job!!! :'(

Haven't got any words of wisdom I'm afraid, but totally feel in the same boat...at the moment the bad days outweigh the good ones although am hoping it will change in September....people see me as a SAHM (nowt wrong with that of course) who happens to 'look after' children and i should be thankful as a lot of mums have to work :eek: ....it's a job and its a hard one at that....hope you feel better soonx

angeldelight
18-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Oh poor you Claire

Think most of us go through days like this

I feel like this sometimes - I know what you mean too about others not realising how our job can be really hard sometimes

Can you take some time off for yourself - go out with a friend or something get your energy back ?

Hope you are ok

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
18-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Sounds like you need to be THE BOSS

Do you have a change of requirements 4 weeks change thingy type policy?
If you have - enforce it. Parents put their changes in writing and it will take effect in xxx time.

Stop allowing them to dictate to you - being flexible is not about bending over backwards to suit them - it has to suit you too. There is a difference between being a doormat and a responsive provider.

As to the rest of the family - I think the majority of us have the same gripe. Ignore them and stop trying to be superwoman. Do what you can, expect others to chip in and help - otherwise it doesn't get done... end of.

I know it all sounds so simple but once you pull some of these elements into place and get people working WITH you instead of AT you things fall back into their harmonious ways.

People will always try to take a lend - if you let them. Its human nature.. always wanting that last little bit from someone else. Its how we repsond that makes us feel the way we do.

So no more doormat:thumbsup:

breezy
18-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Sounds like you need to review contracts, stating days and hours clearly that must be stuck to, get tough, they're taking advantage of your good nature. Have a late collection fee and use it, oh and take a break, give yourself a few days off.

I think we all learn the hard way that if you give an inch, some parents will take a mile :(

JCrakers
18-05-2011, 09:23 AM
I have up and down days too. At the moment Im not feeling so good as ive had no enquiries since Nov and starting to feel rubbish. Also get down about toddler groups when no one speaks to me and then other weeks there are plenty of friendly people.

Most of the time I am positive but sometimes it gets to me.
Don't feel disheartened, try and be a bit more forceful with the parents and dont let them dictate to you

Becky x

Trouble
18-05-2011, 09:52 AM
i have said this before but Im done with this job i would sooner be a dustbin man than this

angeldelight
18-05-2011, 09:54 AM
i have said this before but Im done with this job i would sooner be a dustbin man than this

You sure ha ha

Angel xx

Trouble
18-05-2011, 09:56 AM
You sure ha ha

Angel xx

oh yes

my dd friends mum works at the job centre so im going to go and see her tonight and have a chat with her

there are not many jobs up here and there are so many people who apply for the ones there are:(

Jiorjiina
18-05-2011, 10:06 AM

I'm about to finish 7 months in a small call centre/office, which I was offered within a month of signing with the agency.

I spent 2 years being an unemployed graduate, and to be frank I can do this job standing on my head with my eyes shut AND one hand behind my back, but it's a paid job and it's been a real lifesave.

Alibali
18-05-2011, 12:35 PM
You may be surprised by how much they do actually appreciate you, I feel like this sometimes too and moan about not being appreciated, but sometimes the parents are just in too much of a hurry to thank you.

Why not do some feedback questionnaires and see their response. I'm always surprised by the lovely comments on the feedback, you'd never believe it to see the parents sometimes though:laughing: :laughing:

Although they do take me for granted a bit, deep down they really appreciate all we do:thumbsup: