PDA

View Full Version : Help!

BlondeMoment
17-05-2011, 09:26 PM
I've been minding a little lad who's been potty training for almost a year! :eek: In my opinion he wasn't ready when they started him but what do I know? :angry: He had only just turned two and didn't have alot of control! But his parents wanted it done for the summer. We're still here a year on. He's just turned three.

He's peaked with interest, and now it's gone. He doesn't care and has now started to just wet himself and not care that he's wet. I really praise him up for having dry pants when we go to the toilet or use the potty. But it all seems to be going rapidly downhill. He's lost interest completely and I can't blame him really. Any advise? Just don't know how to help and I'm so so sick of scrubbing my carpets :(

Dragonfly
18-05-2011, 06:01 AM
I'd have a chat with the parents, Sounds like he might feel under pressure and is rebelling. Couldnt they leave it a couple more months then try again. I have a 3 and a half year old who is still in nappies hasnt a clue, he will say wee wees in the potty but doesnt do it, not ready. A year on is a very very long time to be potty training.:( take the pressure off for a while.

JCrakers
18-05-2011, 09:29 AM
I would chat with parents as its an exteme time to be still potty training. He obviously wasnt ready as you know.
Kids who are pressured into it, you feel like your going back two steps

BlondeMoment
18-05-2011, 11:47 AM
I was thinking of suggesting putting him back in nappies for a month or two then starting again with a new potty or something to get back the novelty but I just know they're not going to go for this. So hard