PDA

View Full Version : Grrr What Is It With Parents????

VINASOL
17-05-2011, 05:10 PM
I know I shouldn't, but I'm really PEEVED off...

Sibling mindees been with me for a few months now. I am their 3rd childminder in a few years....1st minder gave notice because she couldn't stand the mum (but told her she was giving another reason); loved the kids but that was that....she warned me about her so for a long while I kept my distance....2nd CM took them on knowing that it was only temporary....it was only after some changes in my circumstances that I took 'em on although I [thought] I knew the score.

Anyway, overall everything is fine...however mum seems to HATE the fact that they have so much fun. I am different from both previous CMs; run a different house; have different rules but we have lots of fun and I provide lots and lots of different activities for them. Most days they 'hide' when mum arrives so I know I can't be doing a bad job...any time I say 'oh we did this/that and had a fab time'...she never acknowledges.

A previous CM said that both kids don't eat a lot adn had no problems but a) the kids eat LOADS at my house; b) one mindee is used to be treated as the 'baby' and gets everything done for her, but at my house she has to do it for herself...mindee is not a baby and I won't treat them as such....

...ANYWAY....mum turns up tonight...playing a game with mindee and DD and mindee doens't want to go home, she wants to stay so mum helpfully says...most 9(think that was the word) days she doesn't want to come here and other days is so excited...good job it's not all the time otherwise........

Then said: she'd stay with X (2nd childminder) at all times....never wants me just X (2nd CM)....

Yeah thanks mum...I KNOW I'm doing a great job and mindee has a great time....except for when I treat mindee for the age/ability that they are!!

Sorry, very long rant over....:angry:

(oh AND made a sarcastic comment about having no vegetables with tea tonight; the ONE time I do not give veg (which both mindees REFUSE to eat even though it is there))

Carol M
17-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Mmmmmm
Know where you are coming from. Think it is a guilt trip by mum. Some just can't handle their kids enjoying time with anyone but themselves :(
Carol xx

kells_bells
17-05-2011, 06:49 PM
I sympathise!
I think mum is feeling bad that your having all the fun and she's stuck in boring work. It's not helpful to make your job a thankless task though. I had a parent like this but I let it wear me down and I gave notice as she made it very hard. Every time she told me m didn't want to come this morning I had to blackmail he with coming to see Bella (my dog) she looked ecstatic and I felt deflated. You know that your mindees like it with you so You need to try n brush it off and carry on having fun with them :jump for joy:

Trouble
17-05-2011, 07:10 PM
i have come to the conclusion recently its jaelousy as we spend their precious time with there kids

carol cameron
18-05-2011, 06:57 AM
It's a difficult one. I must admit ,I try and turn it round and say something like " I know you have a lovely time with me. what a clever mummy you have to have found a great childminder for you....." or words to that effect. It usually takes the wind out of mum's sails:)

loocyloo
18-05-2011, 09:14 AM
It's a difficult one. I must admit ,I try and turn it round and say something like " I know you have a lovely time with me. what a clever mummy you have to have found a great childminder for you....." or words to that effect. It usually takes the wind out of mum's sails:)

i like that! i will try to remember it! :D