PDA

View Full Version : its simple now

louise
28-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi, I took my sons obs book home from preschool today. Why does the eyfs make it sound harder then it is? (well to me). Also why cant we have books all set out like them. I keep doubting that i do enough on obs or do them properly.

Loved reading my sons. Big smile when they called him bright boy. Very interesting seeing how he does different things to home. They mentioned last month that he done a abc puzzel alone. He loves puzzels at home and last year we had to get him a load of hard small pieces ones. He doesn't role play a lot or draw pics he scribbles instead at preschool. Now at home he does all these. I think its a case of i do so much at home i wont do it here.

Lou

Spangles
28-04-2008, 07:42 PM
It must have been lovely to read it. Are you going to make a version of it to use yourself?

What kind of things has it got on it?

Twinkles
28-04-2008, 08:09 PM
This does make me realise how nice it will be for the parents to read the ones we do.

Alibali
28-04-2008, 08:17 PM
I let all my parents read their childs obs diaries last month and they were all delighted and hadn't realised how much info I kept. They gave me really nice comments too, one said that I should take some of the credit for the way her child has developed, nice to be appreciated.

Ali x

Cazz
28-04-2008, 09:12 PM
This is all new to me! Do the parents not normally see the observations of the mindees? I assumed that they did but I presume then you're just supposed to keep them to show ofsted?

In this case, do you do any sort of contact book with parents so that they can see what their little cherubs have been up to all day? I keep reading on here that it is a good idea not to let them loiter when they collect their children but I think I would like them to know what I have been doing with their child. I would certainly want to know if my child was being cared for by someone else.

Alibali
29-04-2008, 03:41 PM
I do daily diaries that parents get every day, however their observations are kept at my house, parents are free to see them at any time, and I actively encourage them to read them 6 monthly or so! Hope that explains things a bit more clearly.

Ali x:)