PDA

View Full Version : If you employ an assistant......

Toothfairy
17-05-2011, 07:19 AM
......could I have a sneeky look at the contract you use pleeeeease.

I know it's a bit cheeky to ask :blush: But I am looking into taking an assistant on and I have no idea how to set the contract out.

Thank you :thumbsup:

muffins
17-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Hi, I'm not employing my assisant, shes going to be self employed so will just be doing a contract of agreement. Not done it yet though as the ok fro ofsted only just came through & she hasn't started yet, sorry not much help am I:blush:

Stew....pid
17-05-2011, 07:56 AM
use your childminding contract as a basis and just drop the stuff that doesnt apply, you will need hours to be worked, rate of pay, contact info, notice of leaving required and so forth, if ya give me a couple of days i can knock ya one up and email it to you........... im nice like that :D

Toothfairy
17-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks Stewart, that would be fab :thumbsup:

boxtree7
17-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Don't forget holidays -

pillows
17-05-2011, 08:29 PM
HI IF YOU GO ONTO THE ACAS WEBSITE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FIND SO MUCH INFO ON EMPLOYMENT AND CONTRACT LAWS AND CONTRACT TEMPLATES
GOOD LUCK BUT PM IF YOU HAVE PROBS ACCESSING INFO
:clapping:

Toothfairy
17-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

sarah707
17-05-2011, 09:07 PM
I researched contracts for my assistants e-book and made the decision to advise people to get something drawn up by a solicitor.

I know this is not the cheapest route but if things go horribly wrong both sides are covered and there are no misunderstandings about where responsibilities for the business / money / children's confidential information etc lie.

I felt it was too important a subject to leave to chance and I am not qualified to advise.

Hth :D