PDA

View Full Version : Enviromental Health Inspection

md0u0131
16-05-2011, 06:53 PM
A guy from the council called - he's coming to chat to me tomorrow about food health and safety.

Has anyone had anything similar - apparently our council like to visit all new childminders to talk through things - but it sounds a but inspectory to me.

I've been through the Safer food better business book, filled it in, have got a food hygiene level 2 certificate, is there anything else they will want to see?

My kitchen is clean, I have thermometers in the fridge and freezer which are recorded daily, separate cloths, separate chopping boards for raw meat, my degree was microbiology - so why am I worrying about it???????

rickysmiths
16-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Sounds like you are fully prepared. Relax and youll be fine. Good Luck.

karensmart4
16-05-2011, 07:16 PM
You have nothing at all to worry about.... like Ofsted Inspecters they are all different but you sound as if you are up on everything :thumbsup:

I had my visit last year, he said he was coming for a chat and to tell me what I needed to put in place, he was surprised and delighted that everything he mentioned was already in place...as yours seem to be :D

In our area they work on a star system and he awarded me top marks....5 stars :clapping:

miffy
16-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Sounds as though you have everything in hand.

Good luck

Miffy xx

JCrakers
17-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Sounds good to me....mine was here 10mins if that. He said I needed a fridge thermometer which I bought and that was that.
As long as you are aware of hygiene and everything (which it sounds like you are) then it will be fine

Becky x

md0u0131
18-05-2011, 04:01 PM
It was fine, he basically wanted to bring me a Safer food better business book - so he was dead impressed I'd already got one from the web and filled it all in!

tulip0803
18-05-2011, 04:33 PM
It was fine, he basically wanted to bring me a Safer food better business book - so he was dead impressed I'd already got one from the web and filled it all in!

Well done:thumbsup:

miffy
18-05-2011, 04:45 PM

Glad it went OK

Miffy xx