PDA

View Full Version : SEF evidence??

MaffAnna
16-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Hello, me again!

So, I'm making my way through my SEF. I've got Sarah's e-book which is fab! (Thank you) BUT so many things need examples which I don't have. For example, include a change you have made after feedback from parents. I'm only five months registered, and so far all feedback has been positive with no suggestions for improvement. And that is just one example.

Ok I hear you say, what's she whinging about......I suppose what I mean is as I'm just building up my setting how do I evidence I'm proactive about things, such as challenging racist language or improving the setting's environment to meet a child's needs, when it hasn't happened?

Sorry for the waffle, all ideas welcome!

christine e
16-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Hello, me again!

So, I'm making my way through my SEF. I've got Sarah's e-book which is fab! (Thank you) BUT so many things need examples which I don't have. For example, include a change you have made after feedback from parents. I'm only five months registered, and so far all feedback has been positive with no suggestions for improvement. And that is just one example.

Ok I hear you say, what's she whinging about......I suppose what I mean is as I'm just building up my setting how do I evidence I'm proactive about things, such as challenging racist language or improving the setting's environment to meet a child's needs, when it hasn't happened?

Sorry for the waffle, all ideas welcome!

Hi

Re feedback from parents perhaps try and think about parent's telling you about what their child has done at home and how you have followed this up, something as simple as discussing what a child likes/dislikes to eat.

Re challenging racism I would talk about how you would deal with this if it did come up re improving the environment to meet a child's needs I am sure you will have done this in some way but just not realised it, have you put a step up to the sink so a child could wash their hands, or moved something out of reach of a small child so they cannot harm themselves

Cx

MaffAnna
16-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Thank you for the reply. You are right, I have done those things. I suppose I was looking for more elaborate examples. I will re think.

Thanx again.

sarah707
16-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Thank you for the reply. You are right, I have done those things. I suppose I was looking for more elaborate examples. I will re think.

Thanx again.

Don't make it more complicated than it is!! :panic: :laughing: