PDA

View Full Version : Displaying Childrens artwork in the toilet?

Bernie
15-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi all,

I was just wondering peoples opinions on displaying the mindees artwork in my downstairs toilet?

I am not lucky enough to have a separate playroom or area for minding, so my only Walls are our family areas which my dh is not keen on having mindees artwork all over. I thought, all mindees use the toilet and thought it was a good area to display their pictures. But not sure it people may think this is unhygienic or disrespectful to their work?

What do you think?
:blush:

christine e
15-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Would it be possible to laminate or put in poly pockets or something similar go get round the hygiene issue. I don't think it would be disrespectful in anyway - they could sit and admire the artwork whilst getting about their business! I've used children's handprints to make poster about handwashing and laminated them so that they could be wiped down.

Cx

Hebs
15-05-2011, 02:01 PM
i dont display the kids art work, as this is my home and the kids take their stuff home, i just take photos before they leave at the end of the day.

sarah707
15-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Droplets from urine and faeces can travel a long way :panic:

Plus children's hands are not always clean when they touch walls etc. I am constantly washing mine down.

Would your husband be ok about display boards that come down and store behind the sofa at the end of the day / week? :D

Louise0208
15-05-2011, 02:04 PM
i dont display the kids art work, as this is my home and the kids take their stuff home, i just take photos before they leave at the end of the day.

same here, if parents want to display then so be it, only my kids have there work up on the fridge :thumbsup:

amanda1309
15-05-2011, 02:17 PM

This is what I do. I only have enough space to store my DD stuff from school never mind the mindess stuff. :blush:

The Juggler
15-05-2011, 02:53 PM
my children have painted mini canvasses of artwork which is in our loo (up high) but I don't think I'd put mindees in there unless it was handwashing poster they designed or something.

Personally I have artwork all over my kitchen wall but if you want something more out the way or 'put awayable' I reckon you should have a noticeboard in kitchen you can take down in the evenings weekends.x

Mouse
15-05-2011, 04:48 PM
What about using something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...RKQQH3F5N3PFPW (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00270CYGO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=childminding-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B00270CYGO)

You could get an over-the-door hook to hang it on a door & just take it down at the end of the day.

buildingblocks
15-05-2011, 04:52 PM
I can see why you don't want to display artwork across your home. I am the opposite I don't have it in my front room but do in my hallway and dining room(also lucky enough to have a play room where I put posters up. We have a wall in the dining room where the work the children do is displayed. Also backs of doors are used more (apart form that one wall).

Personally I wouldn't put it in the toilet but thats because I feel that some parents may think you think its only good enough for there if you don't have it elsewhere and may offend them.

Someone gave a good idea about boards you can remove. What about having it up during the week and taking it down for the weekend.

miffy
15-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Personally, I wouldn't hang children's art work in the toilet :panic:

Could you use something like this to display their work?

http://www.bakerross.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=EK350&ContainerID=10

It's easily taken down at the end of the day

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
15-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I have the plastic picture pockets that mouse posted a link to. I have a playroom for work but it is newly decorated and DH does not want things stuck on the paper as we use it as an occasional spare room too with the futon in there.

I take photos of artwork/activities for an album but think I will get the smaller pocket hanger for them to go up too.:thumbsup:

loocyloo
15-05-2011, 06:11 PM
What about using something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00270CYGO/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0019HJSTC&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0GYAY1RKQQH3F5N3PFPW

You could get an over-the-door hook to hang it on a door & just take it down at the end of the day.

i'm currently using one of these to display my certificate, welcome, weekly plan etc signs, as i'm in a rented house and can't put any picture hooks up :( so i have an over the door hook on the outside of the downstairs toilet door, ( it faces the front door ) and during the day have my stuff on show, then at weekends i can move it ( but tend not to! )

i used to have a 'washing line' strung up along the top of a wall in the playroom and would peg mindees and my own childrens artwork to it.

Heaven Scent
15-05-2011, 07:41 PM
http://www.bakerross.co.uk/showimage.asp?image=images/products/images/products/large/EV215F.JPG&

I love this one!!!

mufftie
15-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Each child that attends my setting has their handprint on a tile in my downstairs loo and the kids love this , it actually emcourages them to use the toilet
As for general art work , what about a scrap book , the children here love looking and photos in an album and I can also see that working for art work too

Maza
15-05-2011, 09:19 PM
I display it during the day on the mantle piece/window sill/fridge with magnets and then the children take it home that night.

mrs robbie williams
16-05-2011, 05:51 AM
mine is put in their LJ, artwork that links to current theme stays up :thumbsup:

Dragonfly
16-05-2011, 06:15 AM
I love the hand print on a tile idea:thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
16-05-2011, 07:44 AM
mine is put in their LJ, artwork that links to current theme stays up :thumbsup:

Same here!!! It goes on the wall while we are doing whatever theme, and then either goes in their LJ or home when we have finished with topic!

Bernie
16-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Thank you everybody for your kind replies. I love the picture pocket idea. I'll be putting one on my shoppping list. I don't think I'll use the toilet for displaying artwork but laminated posters is a great idea and wipeable.

Thank You again

:D