PDA

View Full Version : Forward Facing Puschairs/Strollers

Chatterbox Childcare
14-05-2011, 06:19 PM
I recently completed a speech and language course and because of it want to replace my buggies/pushchairs.

I need anything forward facing - does anyone else have or know of one?

Minstrel
14-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Do you mean rear facing so they look at you and therefore speech is encouraged?

Chatterbox Childcare
14-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Do you mean rear facing so they look at you and therefore speech is encouraged?

Yes so they are looking at me instead of outwards - founds about 8 singles but need a double too

Helen79
14-05-2011, 06:38 PM
If you're looking at getting a lightweight stroller that faces you then the Bebeconfort Streety, Bugaboo Bee or Chicco Trio for Me look good. I think these are a few of the ones that fold up the smallest.

buildingblocks
14-05-2011, 06:40 PM
I have mine and have used it with two children who came to me with not a lot for speech at age 2 and 2 and a half and I do believe that using a pushchair like this helped as you do speak more to them and they can see you.

I used to speak to the ones on forward facing but not as much (you do feel a fool speaking to them only to find they've gone to sleep lol)

Expensive but worth every penny.It is my every day one and as I don't drive I don't have to worry too much about how it collapses for the car (I have a normal umbrella fold one for our car for those days hubby is around).

this is the one I want if I win the lottery

http://www.bambinoscleethorpes.co.uk/products/teutonia/spirits.pdf

buildingblocks
14-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Yes so they are looking at me instead of outwards - founds about 8 singles but need a double too

not seen any doubles

Mookins
14-05-2011, 06:41 PM

ooh you know i would love ones like this, im forever stopping and checking the kids are ok or asking for them to repeat themselves cos i cant hear them:(

xxx

buildingblocks
14-05-2011, 06:43 PM

http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/25/7374/firstwheels-city-elite-twin-stroller---black/

Monkey26
14-05-2011, 06:52 PM
http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/25/7374/firstwheels-city-elite-twin-stroller---black/

This is the one i knew of as well... just done a google search and bought this buggy up also... http://www.mothercare.com/OBaby-Zynergi-Tandem-Pushchair-System/dp/B0046AM184?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_22&nodeId=598247031&sr=1-22&qid=1305399061&pf_rd_r=1X0EXGE9590ZYGZE74ZT&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=598247031&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5

Chatterbox Childcare
14-05-2011, 07:20 PM
just send for the price - holding my breath

Thanks for the replies

snufflepuff
14-05-2011, 07:35 PM
I have the bebeconfort streety and love it! I love being able to chat to my son. And the best bit is, the shopping basket is huge! So no need to hand a bag on the handle, everything fits underneath.

buildingblocks
14-05-2011, 08:06 PM
This is the one i knew of as well... just done a google search and bought this buggy up also... http://www.mothercare.com/OBaby-Zynergi-Tandem-Pushchair-System/dp/B0046AM184?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_22&nodeId=598247031&sr=1-22&qid=1305399061&pf_rd_r=1X0EXGE9590ZYGZE74ZT&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=598247031&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5

Don't like that one as a rear facer as the child behind is not seeing you it would have to be a side by side double for the children to benefit surely I just wish they weren't so expensive

Rubybubbles
14-05-2011, 08:10 PM

these ones come up on ebay, keep your eye out:thumbsup:

Monkey26
14-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Don't like that one as a rear facer as the child behind is not seeing you it would have to be a side by side double for the children to benefit surely I just wish they weren't so expensive

Personally neither do i but it was all that came in my quick google search :D

debratina
14-05-2011, 08:18 PM
look what you have done to me now lol :laughing:
i have been on ebay and i have two single ones on watch
i think i have a buggy obession:D
Debra

linzi133
14-05-2011, 09:14 PM
I had a first wheels one and although I loved it it was soo big! It didn't fit thru doors and putting it in the car (you need a BIG boot) means you have to take off both seats before folding the frame. I loved that it was facing me bit in the end I got rid as it was fiddly putting in the car and I couldn't go thru checkouts and thru doors of most of the shops in my town

linzi133
14-05-2011, 09:23 PM
The obaby zynergie zoom is one you could look at. Not cheap at around the £500 Mark. I've been looking at it but there is no where I can go to see it so I am reluctant to buy. Although my local mothercare did say I could buy it and if it was not suitable I could return it.....(but I could find it cheaper than mothercare!)
But it does look a fab fab pushchair!

http://www.mothercare.com/OBaby-Zynergi-Zoom-Tandem-Pushchair/dp/B003N2Y0C6?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1&nodeId=42764041&sr=1-1&qid=1305408115&pf_rd_r=165DSKCY6AJ1VNZEG08N&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7

carebear25
14-05-2011, 09:28 PM
i love my bebe confort streety but will need 2 sell it soon xx will b needin a double/single for cm an personal use!!

sweets
14-05-2011, 09:56 PM
i would rather the children were facing away from me :laughing:

i think it nicer to see were they are going, i hate sitting backwards on a train, not because it makes me feel sick or anything but i would rather see were i am going than were i have been, its easier to point things out to children too if they are facing foward.

i can get the language thing a bit but i talk to my mindees a lot so they dont need to be constantly talked to while out on a walk, its nicer if they see the world and see people walking towards them whom often say hello or smile at at them, they wouldnt do that the same if the child was facing backwards!

christine e
14-05-2011, 11:44 PM

i think it nicer to see were they are going, i hate sitting backwards on a train, not because it makes me feel sick or anything but i would rather see were i am going than were i have been, its easier to point things out to children too if they are facing foward.

i can get the language thing a bit but i talk to my mindees a lot so they dont need to be constantly talked to while out on a walk, its nicer if they see the world and see people walking towards them whom often say hello or smile at at them, they wouldnt do that the same if the child was facing backwards!

I agree with you. There has been so much fuss recently about children being able to face you but I too think there are also many advantages to being able to see where you are going rather than where you have been.
Cx

buildingblocks
15-05-2011, 06:43 AM

Most of the rear facing ones go both ways -mine does - so when they get older I turn it around. But because the two children who I mentioned earlier had speech problems I kept them facing me

onceinabluemoon
15-05-2011, 07:13 AM
The first wheels one is really wide so make sure it'll fit everywhere you want to go first if you decide to go with that. The lady at the bottom of my road has one so I see it out and about quite often, she always parks it in front of her house cos it wont fit through the door, but the seats come off so maybe you can clip them off with a sleeping child in and carry indoors? (I dont know if this is possible or safe just a thought)

I'd also be wary of something that comes up on ebay a lot, that probably means people dont like them...

Baby jogger do a tandem that faces both ways but its mega bucks and again you have the thing with the child in the front of the buggy not being bale to see you.

If you have the dosh Bugaboo have recently bought out a double that faces both ways but the price tag is only for the very brave!!!

Unfortunately I think the pay off for having seats that face both ways is that the buggy is going to be extra wide to accommodate that, but if width is not a problem than the first wheels one may be ok for you but I'd try it first.

Monkey26
15-05-2011, 07:33 AM
If you have the dosh Bugaboo have recently bought out a double that faces both ways but the price tag is only for the very brave!!!

Unfortunately I think the pay off for having seats that face both ways is that the buggy is going to be extra wide to accommodate that, but if width is not a problem than the first wheels one may be ok for you but I'd try it first.

Wowzer! Just been on the bugaboo website and been reading up/watching the new bugaboo double "donkey" ... i love it but i daren't look at the price haha xx

onceinabluemoon
15-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Wowzer! Just been on the bugaboo website and been reading up/watching the new bugaboo double "donkey" ... i love it but i daren't look at the price haha xx

From what I can remember it's over 11 hundred pounds!!

I LOVE my bugaboos (Cameleon and Bee plus), they are quite simply the best single pushchairs I have ever used (and coming from a total buggy addict that is quite something!) but there's no way I'd pay that much for a double even though I always said if Bugaboo bought out a double I'd buy it (I also think it looks ugly as a single...)

Pauline
15-05-2011, 08:27 AM

I agree and children often speak to passing strangers which is good for their social skills, ours always 'chat' with the lollipop lady!

A lot of expense to go to unless the child is spending hours and hours in a buggy. If it is only for a short time on school runs then will their language be developed that much by facing you?

but if you do go for one through Mothercare, Amazon or Kiddicare don't forget to use the forum links Debbie :thumbsup:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106

:)

kel1983
15-05-2011, 11:02 AM
I purchaseda Hauck Infinity from ebay. It cost me about £95 including p&p. Also came with carry cot which i'm pretty sure I will never get round to using.

I love it. Before I was using a mothercare Urban Detour and the lo use too sit so far down that I couldnt really chat to her. She didnt use to answer me either. Now facing me she chats away. and can still see out the side at things.

I walk everywhere (dont drive) so needed a pushchair which was nice to push and this certainly does.

The seat can be set up to face you or face the otherway.