PDA

View Full Version : Trampolines

Cazz
28-04-2008, 04:55 PM
My children would like a trampoline for the garden and I have seen a reasonably priced one but you hear so many reports of accidents on them that I wondered if Osted would approve if it was used for mindees when I start?

I would have an enclosure and I know you will say that you have to do a risk assessment on it but I would feel mean if I had one that mindees weren't allowed to use if my own children were on it.

I'm thinking it would be a good way of getting rid of excess energy (the children, not me!).

funtoplay
28-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi I have a trampoline.

I have a trampoline policy which I get parents to sign. I have a removable ladder with it so when you don't want children on it you can remove the ladder and little ones can't get on it!!

Julia

littlesprogs
28-04-2008, 05:18 PM
At the minute i have a toddler trampoline (one with the handle on) and i have a bouncy castle. I am ordering a big trampoline next week.

I have the bouncy castle so that the younger ones can go on it instead of the trampoline.

I have a policy for use of the trampoline and a permission form for parents to sign.

Pipsqueak
28-04-2008, 05:20 PM
I have a trampoline and the netting for it.

I have a Large Equipment Policy that includes the trampoline (and the "rules" that go with it), parents sign permission for their children to use it.

I have a list of rules that all children including my own have to go by:

No stunts - these include somersaults, flips, dropkicks, back/front drops

Maximum of two at a time

No shoes
No pulling/jumping into the netting

Cazz
28-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks. I'll make sure I get permission from parents for mindees to use it. Good idea to have something smaller for younger children as they are bound to want to join in.

Twinkles
28-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Like the others I have a policy , a set of rules and permission forms.
The OFSTED inspector I had loved it and said what a great form of exercise,
but another minder on here said her inspector said it was too dangerous to use.
So , what will OFSTED say ? depends who you ask, what sort of day they've had and which direction the wind is blowing at the time :rolleyes:

Michelle M
28-04-2008, 07:14 PM
I have a trampoline and Ofsted were fine with it, I had permission forms signed by the parents to say its ok for them to use. :)

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 10:29 PM
I have a trampoline its my best buy everyone loves it

Just make sure you do what everyone else suggests and you will be fine

Have fun

Angel xx

Cazz
29-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks. I think I will get one then. I might even get off and let the kids have a go occasionally!

Carole x

Noodles
29-04-2008, 11:45 AM
My inspector told me that our big trampoline with enclosure was out of bounds for any mindees. Couldnt even let them on the childrens trampoline with handle. Think she must have been having a bad day as i have never heard of anyone else being told this:mad:

crazybones
29-04-2008, 12:12 PM
My inspector said it was fine to have a trampoline as long as you follow the manufacturers safety rules to the letter. Have a policy and permission from parents and rules for the children. She also said it might be an idea to copy the manufacturers safety rules and give them to parents too. I have a trampoline that is for age 5 and over and therefore I dont use it when lo's are here. The mother of my 4 year old wanted me to allow him to use it and she was a bit miffed when I said no. :rolleyes: