PDA

View Full Version : Help

Little Pumpkins
28-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Hiya

ok long story so im sorry bu its eating me alive

I 3 months pregnant now, I have bled a couple of times, and the doc says I need to cut lifting to a bear minimum.

now the two 18 months old I look older bearly ever need lifting as we sit at a small table for meals, and they enjoy climbing into the buggy themselves (I am trying to promote independence).

the 3 year old never needs lifting, same with the 9 and 5 year old.

problem is I mind a one year old who is not mobile and is very heavy, plus he never lets me put him down (he only come 40 hours a month) so I am constantly pulling my body with him (the last two bleeds were as a direct result of pulling myself). he crys all the time, wont let me even go near the other children. I am beside myself with what I am doing wrong!!!

so heres the dilema, I am considering ending the contract, as I really want my pregnancy to continue without any other problems. plus I can always advertise for an older child for the school run. plus if I do end this contract I will no longer have to drive for the school run (the first children I pick up have to sit in the car travelling for an hour to pick up the other ones sibling and its not fair) and I only wanna drive for another few months (a friend lost a baby at 6 months after a car accident where she was driving and the wheel squished the baby)

so what do I do I have started to loose sleep over this. and find myself dreading the days this poor baby comes

sarah707
28-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Put yourself and your baby first... if that means ending the contract and a bit less money for a while, then it's worth it for your health.

Hugs xx

zoe compton
28-04-2008, 07:38 PM
totally agree .. you and your bubba are the most important thing...the mother will understand and if she doesn't then you shouldn't want her child anyway....hope all goes smoothly for you fromnow on x

flora
28-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Definitely put you and the baby first. I give you my permission if that helps :D to end the contract.

If anything happened and you even suspected it was caused by lugging this baby about you would never forgive yourself. Would you???

End it now and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, it soon flies by :thumbsup:

Twinkles
28-04-2008, 08:07 PM
No question about it. In fact do it now !!
That's my bossy mummy side coming out :D

You must put yourself and your baby first.

Polly2
28-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Absolutely end the contract!

You must put your health and your baby first.

I am sure the parent will understand if you explain how the lifting is causing you to pull yourself. You could even say it was under doctors advice.

You take care of yourself x

Jinx
28-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Do as the others have told you.....NOW.....;)

You know its the right thing to do. You have to take care of yourself and your baby.

Jinx x

Noodles
28-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Totally agree you and baby must come first. You will have plenty of time to get another mindee when its safe to do so. Dont put baby at risk

ruby
28-04-2008, 09:11 PM
i agree with everone else you and your baby must come first.

if you explain that it is for medical reasons then i am sure the mother would understand.

just take care of yourselves

cathy

tulip0803
28-04-2008, 09:21 PM
I agree with everyone. You and the baby have to come first.

Blaze
28-04-2008, 10:13 PM
I would ring NCMA legal line & see if you can shorten the notice period without any come back as it's for medical reasons. End the contract now..your baby & health come FIRST! Mindees do come & go..you replace them...can't replace your baby though!

wendywu
28-04-2008, 10:22 PM
No contest you must put baby first. Do you know any other minders who have a space and who could take this baby for you.

Explain to the mum, You have no way round this situation at all. You cannot do any lifting at all. Remember this is not your fault. We cant plan our health problems.

Remember your having a baby, not a change of mind,:)

angeldelight
29-04-2008, 08:34 AM
I agree with everyone else

You need to put yourself and your baby first

Hope you are feeling ok

Let us know what you decide and if the parent is ok

Angel xx

emler
29-04-2008, 08:47 AM
I agree with what's already been said. I hope you are ok. Take care of yourself

Emler x