PDA

View Full Version : Reason for mindee's behaviour?????

VINASOL
13-05-2011, 05:59 PM
:idea:

Was chatting to mindee today about her afternoon/evening after pre-school....now I know mindee has a tendency to lie a lot so I am reserving judgement, however she said that she had been playing 'cats and dogs'....and I said "oh, that sounds like fun; who were you - the cat or the dog?", she replied 'both'.

"Oh" I said..."so you played it on your own then?"...'Yes...no-one (i.e. mum/brother) wanted to play with me so I played by myself.

Speaks volumes to me and I actually felt sorry for the girl (i.e. thinking her bad behaviour is that she hasn't properly learnt social skills and often plays on her own??). Am wondering whether I should cut her a break and tell mum that I will have her for first few weeks of school (starts Reception) to allow her to settle in....

..what do you think?

Pipsqueak
13-05-2011, 07:58 PM
aww bless her.
some kids are great playing on their own and actually prefer it but awwwww

Minstrel
13-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Hmm It sounds quite sad when you say it like that but there are lots of times I say to my chidren (own and mindees) that I can't play with them and they have to go off and play by themselves. Surely that's normal?

Louise0208
13-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Hmm It sounds quite sad when you say it like that but there are lots of times I say to my chidren (own and mindees) that I can't play with them and they have to go off and play by themselves. Surely that's normal?

i thought that too :)

every day i have to say not now at some point (usually with my own kids) they cant have our attention all the time & this also helps them learn to use there immagination & gain a little independant/sole play (i will say that to myself next time i tell my teenager to 'do one' your getting under my feet :laughing: ;) )