PDA

View Full Version : I AM GOOD

mushpea
13-05-2011, 05:19 PM
With out standing qualities:clapping:

had my inspection today, she gave me outstanding in different areas but couldnt give me overall outstanding because of what I felt were silly little things like the wording in my medication permision form, the fact that i dont leiase with local senco people although I dont have any children with special needs and the nursery where one child goes dosent right in his book,, and before snack I forgot to wipe their hands and because the children didnt remind me to wipe them she couldnt give me outstanding in that area or because I didnt do teeth cleaning with them, there were a few silly things like that which prevented me from getting outstanding which is annoying really,, I wasnt going for outstanding but when she told me how close i was to getting it i was a bit miffed.
oh and she was here 4.5hrs:eek: my longest one yet!
Im just glad it all over with for the next 3yrs.:D

littletreasures
13-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Well done :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Can't believe she was so petty though. I don't do teeth cleaning with my mindees. My inspector never even mentioned it

funemnx
13-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Well done!! :clapping: :clapping:

I don't brush their teeth with them either :eek:

alwaysright
13-05-2011, 05:27 PM
fantastic! well done you :) i agree they are very silly points to prevent an outstanding, hardly you fault the nursery dont write anything and you dont have a children requiring a senco??!! why on earth would you liaise with one!! wiping hands-did you tell her you were nervous and do you normally clean teeth? i dont, parents so teeth morning and night!

anyway its friday and you are done for three years so have a good weekend!

nannysue
13-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Well done :thumbsup: Hope you are sitting down with a drink or 2 this evening . I agree with the others , quite petty points to pick up on ... but thats inspectors for you , never consistant .

The Juggler
13-05-2011, 05:55 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: well done you!

Vickster
13-05-2011, 06:52 PM
That is fab news!!!! Well done you

sarah707
13-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Well done you! :clapping:

mushpea
13-05-2011, 07:19 PM
thanks folks we had fish and chips for tea and now have a glass of wine to celebrate and later will finish the chocolate cake a freind bought today to celbrate,, I am chuffed and definatly glad its over for 3yrs,,, one thing she did mention though was that due to the new structure of the inspections some people have dropped a grade which is both sad for them and wrong really that they should drop due to a change of how they do things.

JCrakers
13-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Well done :clapping:

Im not even aiming for outstanding...if I get it then thats fantastic but I feel you have to jump through too many hoops to get there...the things she picked you up on were really petty. I dont do any of those thing either. Certainly dont see the need for teeth brushing :rolleyes:

Why would you need to liase with a Senco...its just extra work thats not needed. :angry:

well done
becky x

Demonjill
13-05-2011, 09:06 PM
:clapping: Well done thats fab news

We think you are outstanding:thumbsup:

Penny1959
14-05-2011, 03:56 AM
Well done - excellent news

Penny :)

flowerpots
14-05-2011, 05:37 AM
Well Done :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Carol M
14-05-2011, 06:29 PM
thanks folks we had fish and chips for tea and now have a glass of wine to celebrate and later will finish the chocolate cake a freind bought today to celbrate,, I am chuffed and definatly glad its over for 3yrs,,, one thing she did mention though was that due to the new structure of the inspections some people have dropped a grade which is both sad for them and wrong really that they should drop due to a change of how they do things.
I have heard this too:panic:
Better start brushing teeth. I only do this if i have them overnight!
It is a good idea I suppose but I will have to try it during the day and whilst trying to get through my day with precision timing. We all know how tight timing can be.
Carol xx
Oh and well done :blush: sounds like you ARE OUTSTANDING anyway.

nic t
14-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Well done! :)

As for the teethbrushing that's ridiculous! :angry:

At a local group recently they had a dental nurse there giving advice etc. When she knew I was a childminder she said I hope you brush their teeth. I was like er know actually i don't and I asked if the guidelines have changed as I believed it to be twice a day morning and evening! She said yes that's right but not all parents brush teeth so you might have too. I informed her that all of my parents are more than capable of brushing their own childrens teeth and that this is an attitude I have encounted alot lately that it is becoming an assumption that parents don't know how to parent their own children and that we as childminders are now supposed to preach to the parents as if they don't know what they are doing and we are far superior. Now don't get me wrong their are times when some parents need a helping hand or gentle word of advice but my parents would be insulted if I started brushing their kids teeth as if they are not capable!

miffy
14-05-2011, 07:19 PM
one thing she did mention though was that due to the new structure of the inspections some people have dropped a grade which is both sad for them and wrong really that they should drop due to a change of how they do things.

I have heard this too - some inspectors have told cm's this when they ring to arrange the inspection.

Miffy xx

miffy
14-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Sorry, mushpea forgot to say congratulations on your great result! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Miffy xx