PDA

View Full Version : What do you give back to parents when child leaves?

dobby
13-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone. I have spent this morning collating all the information on a child that left me at Easter - a bit late i know, but mum is having a baby and was quite happy to wait for everything as she has enough going on!

My folders have the all about me stuff from beginning, monthly photographic obs, next steps, developmental overview forms that i do 3 times a year and childrens artwork. Planning is written into the obs and overview so no seperate documents.

I have put it all together in a report folder for mum along with a CD of every photo/video taken of child and a collage of these all.

I will also send with a covering letter explaining contents and how this can be used with the pre school child will be starting shortly.

Have I left anything out? Is there anything i should keep for myself aside from usual permissions and contract?

I should know this but this is first child who has left whose time was all under EYFS - others were a great jumble of stuff lol!

Chimps Childminding
13-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Sounds about right to me!!! Do you also have a termination of contract letter that you get parents to sign, advising them that it is their responsibility to notify Tax Credits (if applicable)!!!

sarah707
13-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Sounds lovely! :D