PDA

View Full Version : cannot sit still...at all

VINASOL
13-05-2011, 08:54 AM
my mindee (4) drives me up the wall sometimes :blush: ...she CANNOT sit still...and I mean not even for 5 seconds...fidget fidget fidget fidget...oh my word...falls off chairs, legs open wide, fidget fidget fidget :D can't sit in a small space (i.e. with children either side of her) as she ends up kicking hurting (and annoying) etc...i've never known it lol

kel1983
13-05-2011, 09:02 AM
I got 3 year old just like this. He also has a short attention span. Never plays with the same toy for more than a couple of minutes.

He is a very accident prone child and becuase he fidgets he usually falls off chairs or trips over things cause he isnt looking what he is doing. I cant get him to sit still at the table for lunch. He always is half sitting on the chair and half ready to go and do something else. Drives me up the wall especially if I have the lo that has a real issue with eating lunch. She sees him get down and then she says she doesnt want her lunch and wants to get down too. :angry:

He has just started nursery so I'm hoping he will improve

AliceK
13-05-2011, 10:16 AM
I got 3 year old just like this. He also has a short attention span. Never plays with the same toy for more than a couple of minutes.

He is a very accident prone child and becuase he fidgets he usually falls off chairs or trips over things cause he isnt looking what he is doing. I cant get him to sit still at the table for lunch. He always is half sitting on the chair and half ready to go and do something else. Drives me up the wall especially if I have the lo that has a real issue with eating lunch. She sees him get down and then she says she doesnt want her lunch and wants to get down too. :angry:

He has just started nursery so I'm hoping he will improve

I know what you mean. All my children (my own and mindees) who are not strapped into a booster seat do this all the time. Most common heard phrase at the kitchen table is me repeating "sit on your chair properly". They eat with one bum cheek on the seat and one leg on the floor. Drives me mad :laughing:

xxxxx