PDA

View Full Version : those of you with 3 little ones

moogster1a
13-05-2011, 08:21 AM
From september I will have 3 little ones; a 9 month, 14 month, and a 20 month.
would you think I'd need a triple buggy or would the older one be ok on reins and maybe a buggy board if they get tired? He's been walking since he was 9 mnths and is very sturdy but I really can't remember what sort of distance they can cover at that age!
It would only ever be for about 1/ 4 mile at the most they walk as the rest of the time we get in the car to go to parks/ school run etc.

caz3007
13-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Interested in replies as I have had an enquiry with potential for 3 a similar age, but I dont drive, so was wondering about a triple, but if anyone else has any suggestions, its something else to consider

AliceK
13-05-2011, 10:18 AM
I would think they would be OK for that distance but I would probably have a buggy board as a back-up for if they get tired or if you need to really rush. Maybe one that they can sit down on?

xxxxx

kindredspirits
13-05-2011, 10:36 AM
i have 3 little ones and have only got a double buggy - i tend to only go short distances with them as I don't 'need' to take them anywhere (no school runs etc) - if i do go further afield i swap the two oldest over if one is getting tired so they both get a rest.
if you think you're going to be going out regularly i would get a buggy board with a seat on or a buggypod.

handeme
13-05-2011, 10:42 AM
That will be me in September too, 18month, 17month and a 10 month old. We must be crazy !!:panic:

c x

caz3007
13-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Kindred, I was wondering how old your oldest two are. I will potentially have a 14mth and 21mth. I would only go one way to the school with all 3 as the 14mth is dropped and collected at school. The double I have at the moment is a mothercare 3 wheeler and not sure if a buggy board would fit it. It takes me about 10 mins to walk to the school. This is my only worry about the transporting them side. As to other places, I have a park just round the corner, so not far to walk and like you I dont need to take them places on they days I would have all 3, just worry about the school run

jumpinjen
13-05-2011, 11:22 AM
I invested in a rugged triple as we go out and about in the countryside a lot and it was more practical for me to have three seats available.... it is a pedigree and the third seat detaches so can be used as a double too. i wouldn't do without it for the freedom it gave us!

jen x

blue bear
13-05-2011, 11:40 AM
I have a 19 month and 2x 22 month and tried a buggy board but they couldn't sit still( were 19 month at the time) I have a buggy pod and love it really didn't want a triple as I have two doubles and three singles already and can't store any more

nic t
13-05-2011, 07:03 PM
I have an ABC triple which I love.

Double buggy with seat that slots on to the top.

mushpea
13-05-2011, 07:23 PM
if you start getting the olderst one to walk now and build up how far they can walk then they should be ok but I would have a buggy board on hand just incase you have to get somewhere in a hurry,,like the other day when I forgot to put mine on the buggy then the school rang me and asked me to visit my son who had bumped his head,, trying to hurry with one who did not want to walk quickly was a nightmare!

funemnx
13-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I have an ABC triple which I love.

Double buggy with seat that slots on to the top.

I want one!!!! I've wanted one for ages, just need to save up my pocket money :D

At the moment I use a buggypod but also have a buggy board that is a seat too :thumbsup:

dobby
13-05-2011, 10:14 PM
I use my nipper 360 and bibi strolli on the side, but as I have three ,three times a week (five in total of differing days) and they are all around 2 years, I try to take out just the nipper for shorter journeys and get one to walk - I have also gone out with one buggy and even none but reins on short trips to CM friend up the road from me. All their families have new babies either just arrived or on the way so need to get the older child to walk better and be more sensible about holding hands/pushchair and stopping when asked, so I am trying to help with this. :)

mummyof3
13-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Another one here with 3 from sept :panic: 9mths, 12mths & 2yrs I'm using a double buggy and 2yr old will be walking with reins. I will see how it goes and if he gets too tired I will buy a buggy board.