PDA

View Full Version : babies

jep
12-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi, just looking for some help on deciding whether to take on a 3month old baby.I have only had pre school children and they are all leaving after summer. I'm feeling unsure how i would cope with a baby, so if you could give me some pointers that would be great thanks.

ChocolateChip
12-05-2011, 05:15 PM
What part of it are you unsure about?
Looking after one so young? the routine? what activities they need?
I'm assuming you don't have children of your own, (although could be wrong!)if you could be a bit more specific it might be easier to help :)

Alibali
12-05-2011, 05:16 PM
I love the tinies, so won't be much help to you :D

blue bear
12-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Little ones are easier in a way once you know their routine, depends how confident you feel really

WibbleWobble
12-05-2011, 05:56 PM
i have taken a 16 month old LO recently.

its lovely

all i can say is be prepared. I have two other Los who go home at 2pm then i and the baby pick up up to 7 schoolies at 3pm.

i make sure all the water bottles are filled and in the fridge before i leave and a snack prepared. this save the "mandy i want" routine as i am getting baby settled after our walk. She has her tea at 4 ish so the schoolies all do some tv time or drawing- this is cos if they are leaping around she wont eat her tea as she is a nosey so and so.

when there are other children around (schoolies and preschoolers) i find baby is happier! she loves watching them fool about - her brother and sister are part of the schoolie gang!

she really fits in lovely....has a great routine and is a joy to care for. lots of kisses and smiles all day.

and she smells...yummy!

hmmmmmm baby,,,,mmmmm

mandy xx

karensmart4
12-05-2011, 06:47 PM
We have a almost 4mth old little girl, she is lovely except she does like to be held a LOT, and when she cries the neighbours can hear her loud and clear ...... they don't mind, they have a lo of their own.

Just a word of warning, if you take on a baby you could be taking on.. Colic.. you will be taking on.. Teething (some cope better than others), then when you get through that you move swiftly onto the terrible two's (some start that from the age of one).

But saying all that I love it :blush: