PDA

View Full Version : What to charge for school child?

kay24
12-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Hi everyone,
Just had an enquiry for a 5 year old school child to be picked up from school everyday at 3.15 (5 miles to get there and back) and to literally drop him straight off at home. I dont do any school runs at the min so its not like im just going anyway. If I took him on what on earth would I charge?! Most childminders in my area charge a flat fee of £10 a day for their school children thats for am and pm school runs. So am not too sure? Any help would be fab! Am in Northants.
Thanks in advance xx

Chimps Childminding
12-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Not any help I know, but I wouldn't do it!! It would be different if you were going to that school anyway, but to load lo's in the car, unload them at school (in all weathers), load them back up just to pick up one child from school and drop at home seems an awful lot of hassle :rolleyes: Plus it may stop you taking on any other schoolies should you have any enquiries.

miffy
12-05-2011, 04:52 PM
I'd also pass on this - it sounds like a lot of hassle for very little reward.

Miffy xx

kay24
12-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks have been thinking about it and think your right, lot of hasstle for little reward x

tulip0803
12-05-2011, 10:22 PM
I have done a pick-up and take straight home but they were in the same school as my children, lived opposite my house and the school was in walking distance.

I would not do this as it does involve a lot of hassle but also if your car broke down what would you do? Definately pass on it. Apologise and say that unfortunately you would not be able to do this due to commitments to other children in your care.