PDA

View Full Version : An alternative to a triple buggy

jane5
12-05-2011, 01:38 PM
I have just spotted this on ebay and was wondering if I should get this instead of a triple buggy?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry I can not do a link :(

The item number is 110686871620 (if you can be bothered)

JCrakers
12-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Love it.....:laughing:

And there's a basket at the front for a fourth.....

becky

dobby
12-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Noo this one is much better
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bakfiets-Cargo-Family-Bike-7-speed-4-seats-Bakfeetz-NEW-/320693628178?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item4aaad46d12

I have actually looked at these bikes for trips on local cycle paths and school runs but a) cannot justify cost and B) local roads simply too scary. That said their is a family locally that has a Christiania bike like this http://www.christianiabikes.com/english/uk_main.htm and I see the dad every day doing the school run so either he has legs of iron or they are easier to push than it looks :)

Very common inHolland and other parts of europe, I wish we had the infrastructure to encourage more families and children to get out of their cars and walk/cycle :)

peach
12-05-2011, 03:20 PM
I want one! I love it lol xx

I now use a tripple on a daily baisis and its great before I used my tripple I bougt one of thease

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/buggy-pod-smorph2-extras-/120721364149?pt=UK_Baby_Pushchair_Accessories_part s_ET&hash=item1c1b8dd4b5

you can get them cheaper than this though x

jumpinjen
12-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Love the family bike!!

the thing with Holland is that it is so much flatter than here.... I can't imagine taking one up some of the hills where i live, I'd be going backwards before I reached the top!!!!

Jen x

PixiePetal
12-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Love the family bike!!

the thing with Holland is that it is so much flatter than here.... I can't imagine taking one up some of the hills where i live, I'd be going backwards before I reached the top!!!!

Jen x

It is hard enough walking some of the hills here! and as for pot holes on my country lanes, don't even get me started :angry:

jane5
12-05-2011, 05:03 PM
I want one! I love it lol xx

I now use a tripple on a daily baisis and its great before I used my tripple I bougt one of thease

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/buggy-pod-smorph2-extras-/120721364149?pt=UK_Baby_Pushchair_Accessories_part s_ET&hash=item1c1b8dd4b5

you can get them cheaper than this though x

I have one of these and it is great but the pavements near me are really bad and it makes my buggy veer to the right. It has really pulled on my shoulder and I find it hard to push.

Dont tell my dh but I have just bought an abc adventure buggy triple off ebay for a bargain £272.00. I have 3 under 3 years every day and I have started to dread going out with them so that is how I justify buying yet another buggy :blush: I cant wait for it to arrive :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

loocyloo
12-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Dont tell my dh but I have just bought an abc adventure buggy triple off ebay for a bargain £272.00. I have 3 under 3 years every day and I have started to dread going out with them so that is how I justify buying yet another buggy :blush: I cant wait for it to arrive :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: wow that is a bargain.

i was discussing buggies with DH last night, he doesn't think i need a new one :rolleyes: ... i'm sure i do!

wellybelly
12-05-2011, 06:59 PM
I love the bike, but think of the risk assessments!

jane5
12-05-2011, 08:19 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: wow that is a bargain.

i was discussing buggies with DH last night, he doesn't think i need a new one :rolleyes: ... i'm sure i do!

They are going really cheap on ebay at the moment. I forgot to bid on one (I never bid until the last 5 seconds so no one has chance to bid higher than me :cool: ) and it went for about £255 and there is one on there now with bids at about £146.
If any one wants one now is the time to be bidding :thumbsup:

tulip0803
12-05-2011, 10:26 PM
I would love to have the bike --------- if I lived in Holland and not up in the Welsh hills and I actually had a fitness level above crawl!

sillysausage
13-05-2011, 11:47 AM
If you live somewhere flat enough for a bike I think Dobby's link is much better as it is a trike so more stable (2 wheels at the front either side of the 'carriage'). I would feel uncomfortable using the bike in the OP's link with it being a two wheeler. I can imagine it could be difficult keeping it upright when stationary when there a 3 wriggling LO's in it. Definitely got to think of the RA's :(

debratina
13-05-2011, 06:32 PM
if i justed had the money :)
Debra