PDA

View Full Version : apologies in advance...

HomefromHome
12-05-2011, 06:22 AM
..... if ofsted decide you need a bomb scare evacuation procedure and risk assessment!!!!
yep.
today we were evacuated due to suspicious packages in a large biffa bin about 200 yards away!! :eek:
so went to a fellow minder that i work closely with and informed ofsted. and now have to do a risk assessment on it! it was all over in a couple of hours - they blew them up 'just in case'.
well i suppose it's something to show the inspector in a couple of weeks eh?!?!?!
oh and i live in a quiteish suburb! just goes to show!

miffy
12-05-2011, 06:42 AM
What exactly did Ofsted want you to do a RA on?

I would have thought the evacuation would have been covered under your emergency evacuation procedure anyway.

Miffy xx

HomefromHome
12-05-2011, 07:04 AM
it covers fire evacuation - think i'll be re-naming it now! didnt really ever expect there to be a bomb scare.... i'd like to know when i'm meant to have time to write the report of what happened and what i did!!! Friday night's booked now i guess.... :D

The Juggler
12-05-2011, 07:16 AM
oh how scary. def. a line to add into the emergency evacuation procedure :eek:

Tina O
12-05-2011, 08:37 AM
...OMG ....

Glad you are all okay and not blown up....

onceinabluemoon
12-05-2011, 08:56 AM
An 'Acts of Terrorism' policy perhaps???

Glad it was all ok,

HomefromHome
12-05-2011, 11:31 AM
An 'Acts of Terrorism' policy perhaps???

Glad it was all ok,

donteven go there!!!!!!!!!! i do think we'll have to risk assess whether its safe to breathe soon!!!
i'm just gonna adapt my fire evac as a general get-out-of-house in an emergency type one!!
I dont think it was a bomb just very suss packages. they used a robot and did 2 explosions though!

rickysmiths
12-05-2011, 11:37 AM
I have an Emergency Evacuation Procedure so it would cover leaving the house for whatever reason.

I wouldn't ring Ofsted though, unless there was an explosion that stopped me minding in the house again or there was a serious injury. I don't think we are required to.

Glad you are all alright, how scary.

Milli147
12-05-2011, 12:10 PM
I went to school near Aldershot (military town) and we used to have regular bomb drills. It was much better than fire drill as we had to walk halfway across town and it took ages! I wonder if CM's in the area have to do the same???

Playmate
12-05-2011, 12:57 PM
I have an Emergency Evacuation Procedure so it would cover leaving the house for whatever reason.

I wouldn't ring Ofsted though, unless there was an explosion that stopped me minding in the house again or there was a serious injury. I don't think we are required to.

Glad you are all alright, how scary.

I wouldn't have even thought about informing Ofsted :eek:

aly
12-05-2011, 01:32 PM
donteven go there!!!!!!!!!! i do think we'll have to risk assess whether its safe to breathe soon!!!
i'm just gonna adapt my fire evac as a general get-out-of-house in an emergency type one!!
I dont think it was a bomb just very suss packages. they used a robot and did 2 explosions though!

Pauline does have a breathing policy actually.....:cool:

singingcactus
12-05-2011, 01:48 PM
:) , we had a bomb scare next door to us at the last place. I just put into play my emergency evac plan.
Glad it all worked out okay for you. Now for next steps you can discuss ICT in the greater world, people who help us, the need to dispose of your rubbish correctly etc :laughing:

HomefromHome
13-05-2011, 08:52 AM
lol at the breathing poicy!
i informed ofsted cos it is an incident - ok it was over quickly and wasnt a bomb but what if it was????? add to that some not so pleasant people could have reported it if i had said about the evac and not told ofsted (sad but true).
also it made me realise that my fire evac should be an emergency evac to cover all possibilities - something i didnt even realise (der) so thats a good thing.
and i think we have pretty much covered all but air rescue now out of the emergency services!!!!!
AND I SO AM NOT GOING THERE ON THAT ONE!!!!!!

Donkey
13-05-2011, 09:18 AM
I already have this in place...

very scary place we live in, if we have a fire we go to the childrens centre, sadly thats pretty much next to my house, so in the event of a bomb where the evacuation zone is bigger we will go to the local gp medical centre... luckily there is a co-op for food opposite :D

sad place we live in!

pinklady
13-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Scary! Glad you're all ok!

My LA sent a letter with inspection tips & one of the recommended things was a 'entire street evacuation policy' It all sounded like nonsense but dutifully did it anyway stating what we would do & where we would go. I live a 10/15 minute walk away from Tesco's & our community centre & said I would go there as there's toileting facilities & a cafe.

You've just proved to me that I may actually need that policy & RA one day!

sfox2003
13-05-2011, 09:28 AM
My coordinator advised me to do a 'acts of terrorism/national emergency policy' prior to my last OFSTED visit. She said she had heard of a few inspectors asking at recent inspections so thought it couldnt hurt to do one.

In the world we live in it goes without saying that this is part of our everyday lives. Not individually but theres not a day goes by that its not on the news.

Sad isnt it?

Glad your ok.

Louise317
13-05-2011, 10:09 AM
I have a emergency evacuation procedure policy for any reason. I have friends to go to or the local library if more serious.

But as been said its a sad world we live in... so I may think about a 'acts of terrorism/national emergency policy' to.

Another to add to the list :eek: lol

Glad you are all safe though x

Donkey
13-05-2011, 11:45 AM
forgot to say glad your safe :thumbsup:

we had a man down the street, holed up in his flat with a gun threatening people and threatening to douse himself with petrol and things... luckily I live outside the evacuation zone, but the road was closed for a couple of day :o

first bit should be to:

follow the instructions of the person organising the evacuation at all times....