PDA

View Full Version : Policies

cornetjo
28-04-2008, 12:56 PM
I am just starting to write my policies and am doing quite well (hopefully lol). Do I need to give every parent a copy of them all? Or can I just let them read the copy in my file and ask them to sign that they agree? It seems like there are going to be pages and pages which is a lot to print if I have to give to every parent.

deeb66
28-04-2008, 12:59 PM
It is up to you what you want to do.

I personally print it all out and use a binder to make a booklet and issue to every parent.

I know that it uses a lot of paper but then they hav something to check back on in case they need to know anything.

I do know that a lot of minders don't give them to each individual parent.

sarah707
28-04-2008, 01:02 PM
I have all my policies in an easily accessible place... and I give parents a precis booklet which states the main points of each :D

Heaven Scent
28-04-2008, 01:33 PM
As I keep saying since I found out on Friday from my inspector - Childminders are not legally required to have written policies, but in a didpute you don't have a leg to stand on if you don't have something written somewhere - all you need to do is talk the parents through them when they come for their visits and get lots of permission forms or one form with all the permission you need to carry on your business smoothly to the advantage of all of the children in your care.

Sarahs idea of the precice version for parents is great I wouldn't give them loads and loads of paper they won't look at it or will look at it once and put it away. If there is a dispute over a particular policy give them a copy of it for their attention. Plus get them to sign to say that they know of your policies and that you made them aware that they are available for them to read at a mutually suitable time.

I hope this helps.

elaineg
28-04-2008, 01:49 PM
I give my parents a copy of all the policies to read, they then sign a form to say they have read and understood them, then they give me the policies back, they take so long to photocopy I ask for them back.

love Elaine Xxx

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 03:18 PM
I do the same as Sarah

My parents never even keep their contract safe never mind anything else !

Angel xx

tulip0803
28-04-2008, 03:51 PM
I am just starting to write my policies and am doing quite well (hopefully lol). Do I need to give every parent a copy of them all? Or can I just let them read the copy in my file and ask them to sign that they agree? It seems like there are going to be pages and pages which is a lot to print if I have to give to every parent.

The CSSIW has told the local minders here that they have to give each parent a pack with all policies in and get a form signed to say that the parent has read and agreed to them.

Have you recieved the book from the NCMA about writing policies for the CSSIW yet?