PDA

View Full Version : need help wording email please

ma7ie
28-04-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm having a baby brain moment and am struggling to write a reply to an email I've had regarding childcare.

The email is asking if I have any childcare places available for september or possibly december depending on when the mother is going back to work.

I currently have places available but obviously don't know if I will in September or December.

How can I word the email without putting the woman off? Really need the work at the moment but obviously can't keep a place open for that long.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

deeb66
28-04-2008, 12:46 PM
How about something like.

Thank you for your interest.

I do currently have vacancies but as you can appreciate it would be very difficult to predict if I will still have them in later on in the year.

As you can appreciate, it would be impossible for me to hold the vacancy for this length of time.

You can however contact me a bit nearer the time when you are know when you will be going back to work to check if I do have a vacancy for you.

Many thanks.

Blah blah

How does that sound.....I am having to write quite a few of these myself at the moment :D

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Great advice from Dee

I would do the same

I understand you need the work but she can not expect you to hold a place for that long

Good luck Marie

Angel xx

ma7ie
28-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks Dee.

I hate turning people away because I'm only looking after one little boy part time at the moment and really need the work, but the only calls I'm getting at the moment are for future vacancies. The phone is just not ringing and hasn't been for months.

I'm going to have to pack it all in soon and get a job which I really don't want to do.

deeb66
28-04-2008, 12:56 PM
I am getting a load of the same Marie.

Either that or for school pick ups when the child starts school in September.

Have also turned away at least 6-7 babies as already looking after one and don't want to take on another!

It is beginning to get a little frustrating.......think I am being too choosey/picky :rolleyes:

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Oh hope you dont have to pack it in Marie it can be slow at first and at least you are getting calls so that is promising

I hope you get someone else soon

Angel xx

Gherkin
28-04-2008, 01:41 PM
If they want you to hold a place open you could charge a 50% retainer to keep the place free for them.

Just an idea.

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Did you reply to the parent Marie ?

Angelxx

ma7ie
28-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Yes Angel.

I said more or less what Dee suggested but I did say she was welcome to visit me anytime so she was prepared if I did have any vacancies closer to the time.:)

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Thats good lets hope she gets back to you at a later date

Angel xx