PDA

View Full Version : Childcare Daily Diaries Bought from ebay

Trouble
11-05-2011, 08:24 PM
I have recently bought Daily Diaries of ebay for my kids and they keep coming apart at the back

does anyone know if anyone else sells them, with metal bindings not white ??

sarah707
11-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Oh that is annoying :(

I used one a parent asked me to continue recently and it had a plastic binding but it didn't come apart.

It was one from Childminding Treasures. Bev is a forum business and advertises in the business section.

xx

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
11-05-2011, 09:15 PM
childminding resoures shop, theres have the metal binding and postage is free.

beccas
12-05-2011, 06:07 PM
i use a notebook from tesco stick childs picture on front and just write in it myself under different headings depending on age 75p a book and plastic covers with elastic to keep closed.xxx

Louise0208
12-05-2011, 06:12 PM
i make my own (with the plastic ringed binders) the machine only cost £15, rings £3 for about 50 then print off my own design & contents, it can be added to or pages removed....i also use this method for all my books & paperwork :thumbsup:

that & the laminator was my best cheap investment!

karensmart4
12-05-2011, 06:32 PM
i make my own (with the plastic ringed binders) the machine only cost £15, rings £3 for about 50 then print off my own design & contents, it can be added to or pages removed....i also use this method for all my books & paperwork :thumbsup:

that & the laminator was my best cheap investment!

Same goes for me....I do one type with sections for.... 'What I did today', 'What I ate /Drank', 'Nappies', 'Sleeps' and a section for parents to write in.

The other one I do has sections for..... 'What I did today' , 'Next Steps', 'What I ate', 'Any news' and a space for parent/carer to comment or pass information.

Mookins
12-05-2011, 06:41 PM
i use a notebook from tesco stick childs picture on front and just write in it myself under different headings depending on age 75p a book and plastic covers with elastic to keep closed.xxx

snap butput theirname in glitter on the front
xx

Dragonfly
12-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Notepad:blush: :blush: (69p) sticker on the front with their name:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

caz3007
12-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Notepad:blush: :blush: (69p) sticker on the front with their name:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Sounds just like mine :)

boxtree7
13-05-2011, 12:44 PM
One of my mums has no interest in her children's daily diary - and has requested that I don't need to do them - do I go with parents wishes or just continue as I am doing.

sweets
13-05-2011, 12:50 PM
ive stopped doing them!

i think they are only really usefull when looking after babies and noting down how much milk etc they have had.

i much prefer to have a 5 minute chat with parents at the end of the day to tell them what we have been doing than to just hand them a book. its pointless doing both!

sarah707
13-05-2011, 01:46 PM
One of my mums has no interest in her children's daily diary - and has requested that I don't need to do them - do I go with parents wishes or just continue as I am doing.

I did a recent audit of how the parents felt about the diaries.

I now only do 2 - the 2 who didn't want them and never read them said so which saved me a lot of time :D

Dragonfly
13-05-2011, 04:00 PM
I do both Sweets, those that like diaries i do one for them but still have that chat ( they dont pick up and go, like chatting:( ), those that never bring the diary back after the first few times, I write down about their day on a piece of paper and leave it in their lunch box, because then i know they empty that for the next day and have to read it!, no more of it must of been at the bottom of the bag:thumbsup:

TheBTeam
15-05-2011, 05:15 PM
I do them for smaller ones, under around 18-14months whether the parents look at them or not, simply because there is no disputing my attempts to tell them anything then.

The older ones i then tale off if the parents dont look at them, if they do i usually keep going till the child is around 3 and then see if i can get out of doing them!

Heaven Scent
15-05-2011, 07:48 PM
I have a proforma type one that I e-mail to them and its up to them to read it and reply if they wish and that way I don't have to worry about it coming back etc etc.