PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking at Accounts book

HMT81
11-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Hi guys

I'm just starting out and looking at my NCMA accounts book. I have receipts for things I've bought so far but they are all from before I was registered. When I put them on the weekly expenditure and allowable expense form, do I put the date that's on the receipt, or do I have to put dates from when I have been registered? (Does that make sense?)

Thanks

tulip0803
11-05-2011, 09:15 PM
You can put them all in to your accounts (added together) as "Start-up Costs" (just a one line entry). Keep the receipts together poss in an envelope marked "start-up Costs" just in case the tax man would like a look ever. Normally on the first day that you actually start working but it doesn't really matter as long as they go down:D

HMT81
12-05-2011, 06:04 AM
That's fantastic, thank you! :)

buildingblocks
15-05-2011, 07:21 AM
You can put them all in to your accounts (added together) as "Start-up Costs" (just a one line entry). Keep the receipts together poss in an envelope marked "start-up Costs" just in case the tax man would like a look ever. Normally on the first day that you actually start working but it doesn't really matter as long as they go down:D

This is what I did. I was given a grant when I first started (had to buy the stuff first then claim it back from LA) I did a list of everything I bought and the cost of it, put the receipts into an envelope and then entered it into my accounts on one line as start up expenses (the money for the grant then went in my accounts as income from start up grant but not many people these days get a grant)