PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

littlesprogs
28-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I have a woman coming round at 2. This is my first potential mindee and i want to make sure i have everything prepared for her.

I dont know anything about the ages of the children or if shes bringing them with her or anything. It seems like she is quite desperate to find someone (hence why i said she could come round coz i wasnt going to start work till september lol). All i know is that she wants me for 4 full days a week starting from about 7.30am.

I have a welcome pack to show her, my policies and procedures, permission forms, i have all the ncma paperwork at hand in case she wants to see that (i dont know if shes used childminders before) I've tidied everywhere and my house has never been so clean haha!

Any advice or anything i've forgotten?

Sorry for asking i know theres loads of threads on this but i dont have time to read through them all!

Mollymop
28-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Ohhhh Louise!!! I hope it all goes well.
I am in the same sort of situation. I have a woman who is desperate for a childminder (i like the desperate bit, makes me feel less nervous haha) and she told me to ring her when I was registered. So I phoned her today and her hubby said she is still looking for care and to ring her back when she gets home from work.
I think she will be needing me very soon. Cos last time she said she need me for the next week. So if all goes well, I could have her child next week!!!

But like you, I am concerend that I may not have everything ready in time, etc.

Good luck to you X

Monkey1
28-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Just to relax and be yourself! Good luck!!!

anneriddington
28-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Have you got a blank contract ready in case she would like to fill one in whilst she is with you. Good luck - I hope it all goes well. - Im only at Ruskington down the road so will be thinking of you.:thumbsup:

I have a woman coming round at 2. This is my first potential mindee and i want to make sure i have everything prepared for her.

I dont know anything about the ages of the children or if shes bringing them with her or anything. It seems like she is quite desperate to find someone (hence why i said she could come round coz i wasnt going to start work till september lol). All i know is that she wants me for 4 full days a week starting from about 7.30am.

I have a welcome pack to show her, my policies and procedures, permission forms, i have all the ncma paperwork at hand in case she wants to see that (i dont know if shes used childminders before) I've tidied everywhere and my house has never been so clean haha!

Any advice or anything i've forgotten?

Sorry for asking i know theres loads of threads on this but i dont have time to read through them all!

littlesprogs
28-04-2008, 11:40 AM
thanks sandra,

I'm not totally unprepared coz she rang last week and i explained i was pregnant and so would need some time off in july and she went away to think about it so i sorted the playroom out and updated my paperwork while i was waiting for her ring back.

Hope things go well for you with this woman. God knows we've both waited long enough lol

deeb66
28-04-2008, 11:41 AM
It certainly sounds like you have everything ready.

I think one of the most important things of all for the first meeting is to relax and be yourself.

The second is to try to spend a little time interacting and playing with the children as this is what the mum would really like to see.

On the initial visit parents just really like to have a feel of what it would be like for their child in your home and if they would be loved and cared for and mum also want to make sure that she likes you and can also have a good relationship with you too.

Good luck.....I am sure you will be fine.

Don't forget to let us know how you got on.

yummymummy
28-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi Louise, sounds like all your paperwork tip top!
Just try to relax (if you are anything like me I tend to talk non stop when nervous!) and I would say be very sure of your charges, holiday pay rates, bank holiday charges etc . You have probably already decided this and have a fees and charges sheet all ready for the lady to look at. I would also have a rough guideline of a typical day for her to see.
BUT stick to your guns, when you first start out I think sometimes parents can take advantage and try to get you to do what they want rather than sticking to your terms. So be strong! It is really hard especially if they have used a childminder before and she may have done things differently to you. The first one is the hardest you'll grow in confidence as you get more used to it! Good luck!:clapping:

littlesprogs
28-04-2008, 11:48 AM
yea i know what you mean about them trying to take advantage but as i said i think shes desperate anyway. And also i'm not really bothered if she comes to me or not i can easily not work till september after my son is born so i'm actually doing her a favour coz she cant find anyone else. I've learnt alot from this forum and i wont be walked all over lol

emler
28-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Good luck this afternoon - it sounds like you have everything organised!

Emler x

sarah707
28-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Good luck! Let us know... :D

Gherkin
28-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Make sure you know the NCMA contract and how to fill it in - I hadn't expected my first mindee to sign up on the spot but they did and then I felt like I was scrabbling around when filling in the paperwork.

I always suggest they visit, go away and think about it and then get back to me to say yes or no. If they do not call me I chase them back up so that I know where I stand.

Good luck

charleyfarley
28-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Oooh I'm a bit late but wanted to wish you good luck

Fingers crossed

Carol xx

littlesprogs
28-04-2008, 01:46 PM
well shes been and gone already lol.

Think it went well. Her little boy is lovely he's 2 n a half and loved my 2 cats and they were very well behaved so the cats will get a treat later.

She said shes happy to bring him here but she doesnt know her hours of work yet until the matron returns to work (shes a carer) and shes off sick for the next week so she's going to give me a call sometime next week to arrange a time to pay the deposit and sign the contracts. Shes already filled in the permission forms, child record forms and as much as the contract as we could. Shes going to need him to be here from 7.30 till 4.30 4 days a week shes just unsure of which days so far.

She seems really nice though and shes used childminders before but it was her friend so has never done the paperwork side of things exactly (i thought that was weird) she didnt moan at my prices or anything and seemed fine with whatever i say really. Shes taken away a welcome pack which explains my fees and holidays anyway.

everybody keep their fingers crossed she rings next week

ma7ie
28-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Good luck. Hope all goes well.:D

deeb66
28-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Sounds like it went really well.

Good luck.

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Only just seen this Louise

That sounds great

Well done

Angel xxx

littlesprogs
28-04-2008, 02:13 PM
thanks everyone.

I think i'm having a lucky week my insurance claim came through for when the removal men damaged my sofa and tv. They are sending me £950 for the sofa and are delivering a new tv. So the £950 is coming in handy its in argos vouchers but it means i can get a trampoline and a sandbox for the kids and loads of new furniture.

Then i had this parent phone so things are finally looking up :D

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Thats good news Louise

I have a trampoline and its my best buy ever so hope you all enjoy it - cant keep my own daughters off it either haha

Angel xx

littlesprogs
28-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Thats good news Louise

I have a trampoline and its my best buy ever so hope you all enjoy it - cant keep my own daughters off it either haha

Angel xx

I cant wait i love trampolines! Whats even better is that its basically free the sofa was only a tiny bit damaged its not even noticeable really but when they came to look at it they said it had taken the surface of the leather off so couldnt be repaired. :D

emler
28-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Glad to hear things are looking so good for you. (enjoy the trampoline - I just bought one and the kids have hardly been off it).

Emler x

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
28-04-2008, 02:56 PM
So glad it went well and happy spending.

Love

Lorraine xx

avril
28-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Glad it well and good luck

Avril x:)

littlesprogs
28-04-2008, 03:00 PM
yea i ordered a wooden sandpit too but decided not to get the sand yet because i wasnt planning on working till september and by then it would be abit cold outside for sand but now i think i may have to get a few bags for it too.

littlesprogs
28-04-2008, 05:34 PM
My SIL is passing on my details to a woman looking for care for a 6 year old before and after school too :D

Mollymop
28-04-2008, 05:58 PM
I am glad it went well!!! Nice to heaar you have lots of money to spend as well.:clapping:

Rach30
28-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Good for you !:) Its lovely when everything starts coming together . :clapping: