PDA

View Full Version : variation for 4 under 5 years

leggy
11-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi, does anyone think i would get a variation to have 4 children under 5 years,
the children would be 2 of 14 months, ( i already have a variation to have 2 under 12 months) 1 of 10 months and one of 28 months. It will be for 3 days a week. I have two consequtive outstanding outcomes so hoping this will help me!

Appreciate any advice anyone may have.

marnieb
11-05-2011, 11:11 AM
I managed to get a variation for 4 under 5, but it's only for 1 day a week.

You're more likely to get the variation if you have no other mindees at all on those days, ie, so none AT ALL over 5 yrs old apart from your own kids.

And you have to show how you'll do everything, from going to the loo, what if 1 has a paddy, changing nappies, etc.

hth!

Mouse
11-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Is it for new work, or continuity of care?

You're more likely to get it if it's for continuity. You would have to show how you would manage all the children - equipment, pushchairs, feeding etc.

leggy
11-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi

Thanks for replying, its for continuity, I will have 2 after school who will be 4 and 7 so hoping ofsted will take all of this into consideration.

jaja
11-05-2011, 12:16 PM
It didnt matter that i had kids after school when i got my variation for 4 under 5, they take lots of different things into consideration space, time, toys, sleeping areas ect, but i had a 6 week old, 18 month, 16th month and 13 month old, (variation) and then 5 year old mindee and then my two who were 5 and 9...

always worth asking

xxx

marlee1986
11-05-2011, 01:55 PM
hi i am also really confused about this, ive just registered my friend as an assistaint, as i have 1 lo 1 day a week and just thought if i had a full timer enquiry or partimers wanting a fri i cuddnt do it.

so i phoned ofsted and asked how this wud work asking 4 a varation to up my numbers as i have a 2yo and 3yo and assistait has a 3yo, and the lady on the phone said they'll up my numbers to 6 under 5s ???? so ive put in my forms with these numbers on but cant see me getting it

xx

jaja
11-05-2011, 03:21 PM
hi i am also really confused about this, ive just registered my friend as an assistaint, as i have 1 lo 1 day a week and just thought if i had a full timer enquiry or partimers wanting a fri i cuddnt do it.

so i phoned ofsted and asked how this wud work asking 4 a varation to up my numbers as i have a 2yo and 3yo and assistait has a 3yo, and the lady on the phone said they'll up my numbers to 6 under 5s ???? so ive put in my forms with these numbers on but cant see me getting it

xx

Dont see why you wont get it, my mum is my fully crb, first aided assistant and when working with her i can have 6 under 5 at any one time, good luck xxx

onceinabluemoon
11-05-2011, 03:25 PM
if it's for continuity of care then probably/possibly providing it doesn't out you over the overall under 8s numbers.

marlee1986
11-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Dont see why you wont get it, my mum is my fully crb, first aided assistant and when working with her i can have 6 under 5 at any one time, good luck xxx

oh really!! :) thats great gunna get my forms sent off then, thankyou x