PDA

View Full Version : Got my first enquiry

Chattie
10-05-2011, 08:25 PM
I've just had a phone call from a mum who wants after school care from september, she is coming to see me on Tuesday morning what do I need to tell/ask her this is my first enquiry and don't want to mess it up. Do I need to show her any paperwork?

Thanks
Chattie

Daftbat
10-05-2011, 08:43 PM
I prepare a parents pack with the main policies in it, details of the type of menus I provide and a contract, child record form and authorities for A&E, non prescriptive medicnes, outings etc.

I also show the parent my reg dox and have a portfolio file which i go through showing my insurance, CRB, and training dox etc.

It may seem like a lot but it show professionalism in my opinion and gives something to aid the conversation especially if its all new to you. Giving a copy of the policies also means you don't have to literally talk about everything - you can concentrate on the questions that are particularly important to the parent.

Hope everything goes well.

Milli147
10-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Firstly, good luck for Tues!

Have your policies and procedures together in a file so she can read them, and assuming all goes well have copies of your policies in a folder that she can keep, along with relevant permissions you will need signing, and a form to say she has read and accepted your policies. Then she can take these away to have a really good look through (hopefully) before signing contracts.

Based on my first meetings with mums they asked about types of activities, sample menus, how many children I intended to mind, daily routine - that sort of thing.

Alsp have your reg certificate, insurance, drivers license, first aid certificate etc in your file for them to see.

Can't think of anything else! Hope all goes well x

Chattie
10-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Thanx for replies this helps loads.

Chattie