PDA

View Full Version : Feeling rubbish

dollydally
10-05-2011, 06:48 PM
:ohdear: I gave notice to the mum of the two girls I look after for two days a week. The elder girl is a horror and my son is clashing with her so causing me much grief! Anyway, mum cried so now I feel really crap. I almost cried myself. She said how happy they are with me but completely understood my reasons as she has the same problems with her eldest at home. I did give her a couple of alternatives and am hoping we might be able to come to an arrangement whereby I have the elder girl for a much shorter period but she needs to talk to her husband. Whatever happens, she will have to find alternative care for the oldest girl on one of the days. I might lose them altogether but I've been waking up dreading the day ahead and I just couldn't carry on like that. Nobody said it would be this hard! I'm just not tough enough.

juslh
10-05-2011, 07:36 PM
What you've done sounds entirely reasonable. You shouldn't be dreading each day you have them, and your son shouldn't be suffering for it either. You come across as very caring and it sounds like you have done what you can to sort things out for them. That makes you a good person.

miffy
10-05-2011, 07:38 PM
If you're waking up dreading the day ahead and your own family is unhappy then you've definitely done the right thing giving notice.

Chin up - you've done the worst bit xx

Miffy xx

dollydally
12-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks ladies. They will be going altogether so I'm feeling a little sad now as I had grown fond of them especially the baby. But hey ho, onwards and upwards..