PDA

View Full Version : Storeage Solutions

Buzz Lightyear
10-05-2011, 03:31 PM
I have totally had enough of having toys on display and tidied away in a corner on an evening and have come to the conclusion that yes, I am a childcare setting during the day but on an evening, this is my home which I once loved and adored and I would love to get that back without my living room looking like a nursery in one corner!

So I am looking for some decent storeage option which I can "hide" everything away in on an evening once mindees have gone home and my own two are in bed. Does anyone have any fab solutions? I have thought about a sideboard cupboard but have decided against it as I think it might look too cramped as I have a corner wall unit (but am open to getting rid of if needs musts - just dont tell DH)

I just wish we had an extra room to hide it all in! :(

sarah707
10-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Is there another area of the house where you can store it so it's not in your front room?

Somewhere you can clear out under the stairs?

A good quality (so it doesn't get damp) shed in the garden?

Decorate the boxes with material to cover them up :huh: :D

Buzz Lightyear
11-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Is there another area of the house where you can store it so it's not in your front room?

Somewhere you can clear out under the stairs?

A good quality (so it doesn't get damp) shed in the garden?

Decorate the boxes with material to cover them up :huh: :D

There is definite vacant space under our stairs and I asked DH about putting a door through our lounge to go under it for storage but the problem we have is that it's a supporting wall and DH thinks it'll be a very expensive and a major hassle of a job :(

The other way to it is through our downstairs loo but the space is too small and we'd never use it that way.

I've been looking at sideboards / wall units, etc but I then think the room might look a bit cramped.

Hmm... we are definitely outgrowing our house :(

Blaze
11-05-2011, 04:25 PM
How about one of the large screens (like the ones Ikea sell) - that way you can hide that corner in the evening & use the screen for a CFS in the day time!:idea:

Buzz Lightyear
11-05-2011, 04:49 PM
How about one of the large screens (like the ones Ikea sell) - that way you can hide that corner in the evening & use the screen for a CFS in the day time!:idea:

Didnt think o a screen tbh! What are their actual names?