PDA

View Full Version : Term time only fees

cloud9
28-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Has anyone got any suggestions on how i should work out a price for a new contract. The mum wants me to collect children at 12.30 and have them till 3.30. All my other parents pay for the full day (e.g 9-3.30) but this parent also wants term time only. the parents usually pay half fee's for the school holidays and full fee's for the term time.??> any suggestions would be helpful

Tickles
28-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi could you not have a half day fee? i do mine hourly, so not to sure but i know some childminders who charge half sessions or full. If i had a child only term time, i would take a retainer over holidays of 25% but i know childminders who take half fee retainer

Joanne

Heaven Scent
28-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Have an hourly fee with a minimum number of hours eg 3 hours minimum as they are taking up a full place for the morning or afternoon. Then charge meals as extras if they are late.

venus89
28-04-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm on an hourly fee too I'm afraid. The babes are both term time only, at £4.50/hour. I would consder charging less for full timers - if asked! If you charge per session for the others I'd go with the half session idea, at half price. Then if mum wants to increase to full days it will be easier