PDA

View Full Version : Baby will only sleep in car seat

lady boss
10-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Hi All,

I was hoping someone may have some suggestions......
I have been caring for a baby since January, and she just refuses to sleep unless in her car seat. As i have others to care for and the screaming was unsettling them i gave in and let her sleep in living room in car seat. Now i have her for a couple of days on her own for a month i thought i would get tough and try to get her to settle in cot. I have spoken to childs mother and she has no routine at home and sleeps in bed with parents every evening. The poor thing is obviously used to being close in contact to settle to sleep but i really want to nip this in the bud.
She screams all day up in travel cot and i keep going in to reassure her but i cant leave her up in bed the whole day, but as soon as her bring her down she is grumpy and wants to be held to go to sleep!!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

alwaysright
10-05-2011, 05:08 PM
difficult one! we've probably all had one like this. what i did at first was let the baby settle on me and go asleep, when fast asleep put them down so when they wake up they are in pram/cot, then after a few days put them in the pram and sit next to them on the couch while they go asleep, pushing the pram if needed then when asleep leave the room, next step put them in the pram but leave the room but keep going in and out to settle them, then finally when they are used to each step in the pram awake say bye bye, close the door over and away!! sounds long winded but only takes a week or two and it does work. :laughing: well it has done for me sometimes takes longer than others :laughing: