PDA

View Full Version : How would you charge for this?

clorogue
10-05-2011, 12:29 PM
I've had an enquiry to look after a before and after schoolie who comes under the EYFS 3 days a week which i could do. On one of these days I have 3 under 5, but am still able to do the morning and after schoolie as they don't overlap.

Would you charge a retainer during the holidays for his space, say half fee? There is the possiblitiy the mother may wish to use me during the holidays, but I wouldn't be able to have him on that one particular day, but I would on the other 2 or offer him the choice of other days that week.

What would you do in this situation?

Thanks.

happy days
10-05-2011, 12:39 PM
A child who goes to school full time, can be put into your next age bracket 5-8 as they are a rising 5 so he wont actually take up one of your under 5 spaces. unless you already have 3 children aged 5-8 years.

rickysmiths
10-05-2011, 12:48 PM
They would not affect your 0-5 numbers so you could heve them and the 3 under fives togetter as long as you ahve no more than 6 altogether.

Yes I always charge my before and after school 1/2 fee for all the holidays.

clorogue
10-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Thank you, sorry I should have said that he is only at nursery. I am not sure whether he is full time or not, but on the days I would be looking after him he would be doing full days.

miffy
10-05-2011, 12:53 PM
You could always apply for a variation for the third day - should be granted under continuity of care.

Miffy xx