PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted EYC form aaarrrgghhh

Fairy Tanya
10-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Just got round to making sure that everything in the ofsted EYC form is filled in correctly.
found a couple of questions I really am not sure how to fill in.
Can anyone please help.

1. Provision - Specify the age ranges of the kids you will care for.
I know you can have up to 6, but this I presume they confirm when they inspect.
I know that you can have 1 under 1years old.
BUT - how will I know how many I can have for the age ranges of
1yr to end of early years group, how many between end of early years to 8yrs, and then 8yrs to 11 yrs.
How can you tell just how many kids you will get and what ages they will be? It's impossible. and I'm not a fortune teller to predict which children I will get.
I've done my fast track course & first aid course. and then what if I don't have any of the particulary youngs kids, could these spaces be filled by the older range of kids. aaarrrghhhh. I've read the appendix in the framework for EYFS. and still cannot get my head around it.
I'm doing the setting on my own in my home, in a designated playroom, which is 9'x12', the kids have access to a hall & downstairs toilet, I have a conservortory which is 30'x10' and a large back garden. Main room will be the playroom as the in winter it will be to cold to go out and play in the conserv & garden. Any ideas???
Also
Relevent childcare training /experience
did an NCMA childminding pre-reg course Kent - not sure what sort of qualification this is titled as. And I presume the awarding body is NCMA.
I think that is it.
Please Help.
Tanya
:panic:

alwaysright
10-05-2011, 04:58 PM
without seeing the form i would guess from what you have wrote age range simply means 0-10, the age range of children you want to care for not each specific child

sarah707
10-05-2011, 05:08 PM
If you get the full entitlement you will be able to care for 6 children under the age of 8 of whom 3 can be under 5 and of the 3, 1 can be under 1.

However if you have children of your own in those age groups you take them out of the ratios.

Don't let the questions delay you sending your forms off! get the process moving and things can be changed later.

Good luck :D

Fairy Tanya
16-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Thank you.
Sent my health check for doctors and got a whopping bill of a lot of money near 3 figures for his signiture. I'll be broke before I even start. good thing I've already got good toys etc, already.