PDA

View Full Version : Enquires/vacancies

dusky777
10-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Hi me again!!

I lose one of my mindees in september and really need to fill the space.
I havent had one enquiry all year! I am on direct gov website, i have card up in shops etc, my car has a sticker in the back window and im on net mums and childcare.co.uk......what else can i do.

I quiet a shy person (i lost all my confidance after losing my job while on maternity leave, its a long story!!) so dont really speak to a lot of mums on the school run etc.

I really need to fill this space or i will have to find alternative work:(

sarah707
10-05-2011, 05:35 PM
A friend of mine got a lot of new business from handing out leaflets at the school gate one afternoon :D

phoenix2010
10-05-2011, 05:56 PM
How available are you making yourself

I got my registration 6 weeks ago and im full

but im starting at 7am finishing at 7pm , I work weekends , I worked all over the bank holiday period and i will also do ad hoc care

If you limit yourself then you get less enquiries

other than that it sounds like you are doing most things

ive had 2 enquiries from vivastreet, one from friday ads , so sites like that are worth while

I have a facebook page also and i go on childcare.co.uk at least 3 times a day and email new potential clients as soon as they sign up

we have a great local childminding website here in northamptonhire , do you have something similar that you can get your details on

i also do regular google searches as if im a parent in my area looking for a childminder , see what pops up and make sure my details are on those sites

good luck