PDA

View Full Version : under charged on invoice by mistake

candy cat
10-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Hi need to stop doing them late at night:panic: Undercharged one parent by £68 would you think 'oh well my mistake' or say something......my partner says I should tell her, just feel bad as next months is high with extra hours.....guess I should toughen up eh? What would you do?

onceinabluemoon
10-05-2011, 08:17 AM
I would say 'sorry I made a mistake, this is the right invoice'. You're only human and she probably realises you've made a mistake anyway and is waiting for you to say something. x

jumpinjen
10-05-2011, 08:30 AM
yes i think you should say something too.... do it today and with a laugh about doing them late at night as you did here.... Jen x

loocyloo
10-05-2011, 08:54 AM
i have done that :blush:

i normally email the invoices out and as soon as i realise i've made a mistake, i email them a correct invoice and say sorry, i was 'away with the fairies', doing them in a hurry etc. my parents were always fine, as sometimes i realised i'd charged too much and so their invoice was less!

xxx

catminder
10-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Don't feel guilty about a big bill if you're working more hours, I'm sure you'll have earned it! Hopefully your parents are reasonable enough to pay you the correct amount, after all if you'd accidently overcharged then you would adjust the bill to the correct amount and the parents would expect you to do this. :)

peach
10-05-2011, 09:23 AM
I have done this before,

your only human hun Id say something she probs already realised as its quite a lot x

alwaysright
10-05-2011, 01:47 PM
i would tell them as well, anyone can make a mistake, i 've done it and then told parent sorry i've made a mistake, but i also had parents give me too much money and not realise and i've given it back, so it goes both ways. dont worry just tell them

caz3007
10-05-2011, 02:49 PM
I would also explain your mistake and be very apologetic. I had a mum hand me a bundle of £20 notes and had overpaid me by £20. I waited until I had checked it 10 times and then got hubby to check, then gave it back to her the next day.:laughing: Like others have said it works both ways

Ripeberry
10-05-2011, 03:21 PM
They should know what they need to be paying. In a way it says a lot about them if they don't query it :mad:

candy cat
11-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks eveyone.......I thought about it and if I had overcharged she would have been the first to say something....told her,but compromised and split it over June/July