PDA

View Full Version : More sibling unreliability!

yummymummy
28-04-2008, 09:36 AM
I really don't believe it! lost one set of siblings in March due to mum giving up work after she had only worked her three months to keep maternity pay, found another set really quickly, had them four weeks and now mum has told me she is pregnant so will lose them in September!:(
I said last time I would try to avoid siblings as when they go you lose virtually all of your work but what can you do if they approach you, you can't be siblingist!!!!!!
Really nice family so i'll be upset to lose them as all my little mindees get on so well, so not just the financial aspect.
Oh well at least I know well in advance and will have time to sort myself out.:)

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Oh that is a shame

I know what you mean though a few of mine are from the same family and I always hope they do not leave like you say its double or treble the money loss

Hope you find someone else to fill the spaces soon

Angel xxx

berkschick
28-04-2008, 09:42 AM
I would take advantage of the long notice period and advertise now to fill their places. Then you will be able to pick and choose who you take on! I have had lots of calls for September already and filled my upcoming vacancy. I managed to get a 5 month old baby too which is great! Hopefully you will get a Mum looking to return to work after mat leave.

I dont have any siblings, funny how it works out!

sarah707
28-04-2008, 09:45 AM
I know how you feel! Siblings fill up your spaces really fast but leave a massive hole when they go...

Good luck with the advertising! Loads of ideas here ... :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4171&highlight=advertising

ruby
28-04-2008, 10:32 AM
know what you mean about siblings

hope you manage to fill your spaces quickly

Cathy

Blaze
28-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Know what you mean..I've just lost siblings...have to say I'm relieved though...I no longer have to deal with their v. stroppy Dad!!!!:rolleyes: