PDA

View Full Version : letter to mum help please

emmadines
28-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi I am writing a letter to this mother who wants randome days for her childcare.....it might make more sence if you look her 1st??http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7815

I was wondering if you could have a look and help me please!!! I also need to state that I am willing to allow her 2 weeks holidy (her holiday) where she dose not have to pay me...

I have sat down and worked out what I can do for you with regards to the random hours you need Childcare for, Mon-Fri after school.
I normally ask those who need random days regardless of if that child attend or not to book and pay for these days so their space is kept available when they need it. If you need any random day over these five, I will require all of these to be booked and paid for.

sarah707
28-04-2008, 09:26 AM
How about...

My policy states that, if you need me to keep a space open for your child on any particular day, then you will be required to pay me for that day.

As we discussed, you will need 2 days a week, so you will need to pay me a minimum of £xx per week, weekly in advance, by standing order.

If you need any further sessions, you need to inform me as early as possible and I will do my best to accommodate you. I will then invoice you for the hours you use, at an hourly / daily rate of £xxx as agreed.

Does that sound ok or am I missing the point? :D

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Sarahs words seem fine to me hope it helps

If you need any more help Emma you can message any of us

Angel xx

emmadines
28-04-2008, 09:32 AM
She wants a random 4 days over any of the 5. she doesnt want to pay for if she takes a holiday either so I thought i would ask her to pay for the 5 day (MON-FRI) and allow her 2 weeks holiday (her) unpaid!

Alibali
28-04-2008, 12:42 PM
If you are keeping 5 days for her I would ensure that she pays something for each of the days. I have a similar situation and what I do is charge full fee for the days she is here and half fee for the others, I also allow all their holidays at half fee (11 weeks last year!). Mine are all unpaid (5 weeks). That said, although anyone looking at this may think what a great deal, parents are still unhappy paying half fee for when the don't need me! However there are people out there willing to pay for the service we offer, so don't let her talk you down (Like I've done!!).

Good luck.

Ali x

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Hope you sorted it Emma ?

Angel xx

emmadines
28-04-2008, 03:04 PM
well I bumped into her at the school and we are gonna sit down with a cuppa!

its the school hols she dont want to pay for as I wont have them.
I could surgest that it be half fee for the 5th day just to keep it open??

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 03:09 PM
If you are happy with that then go for it Emma

Good luck keep us updated

Angel xx

emmadines
28-04-2008, 03:10 PM
oo and 50% retainer during the school hol

Pipsqueak
28-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Sorry if she wants you to keep the space open for her over the course of 5 days then I would charge her for it. You will be kept dangling all the time and you can't fill that space then. Is she going to give you notice or just phone you up on the day.

Even if you can come up with a set fee for 4 days and come to some agreement that ie/ 4 days = £100 for 1 child - you pay me £50 per week to keep these space open and any extra payment in lieu of hours after this initial payment will be invoiced for. The initial payment will be non-refundable and considered as a retainer to keep these space open so if these hours/payment isn't used then it is non-refundable or not to be carried over.

Does that make sense? Sorry I am writing this in a rush (H is going to a party in 10mins)

As for not it being term time only - make that very clear on the contract and that you will be at liberty to fill the space during the holidays!

emmadines
28-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Sorry if she wants you to keep the space open for her over the course of 5 days then I would charge her for it. You will be kept dangling all the time and you can't fill that space then. Is she going to give you notice or just phone you up on the day.

Even if you can come up with a set fee for 4 days and come to some agreement that ie/ 4 days = £100 for 1 child - you pay me £50 per week to keep these space open and any extra payment in lieu of hours after this initial payment will be invoiced for. The initial payment will be non-refundable and considered as a retainer to keep these space open so if these hours/payment isn't used then it is non-refundable or not to be carried over.

Does that make sense? Sorry I am writing this in a rush (H is going to a party in 10mins)

As for not it being term time only - make that very clear on the contract and that you will be at liberty to fill the space during the holidays!

Should I charge her a retainer even tho I use the space during the school holiday?

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 03:30 PM
I have children that are on term time contracts only

I also have children that are here just school holidays

I do not charge for times they are NOT here

If that helps ?

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
28-04-2008, 03:49 PM

Should I charge her a retainer even tho I use the space during the school holiday?

No - you can only charge a retainer if you are keeping a space specifically for that person and not if you are using it for someone else.