PDA

View Full Version : Barclays Small business Competition...

Annabelle
09-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I have entered the Barclays One Small Step competition, its bascially a set up grant for Small Business'.

It was quite a process and it made me realise that Childminders are so often over looked as a "proper" business. I recently went to Barclays (hence the application) to see whether they would give me a business loan and was told that as I live in the property, any kind of extension or purpose built building would have to be added to my mortgage rather than a loan...I'm not sure whether they are correct and haven't gone any further with it at the moment but I saw the competition and thought that would serve them right if I actually won!!

Anyway, sorry for the rant, I would really welcome your comments on my application, you can search the competition "Take One Small Step" on the internet and then add "annabelle Chapman" or "childminder" in the search and hopefully you might see it.

I doubt I'll get to the next stage, but either way, I'd welcome your views as you have always been so supportive and as they say, you have to be in it to win it!

I'll keep you posted if I get anywhere!!

Annabelle

miffy
09-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Wow, £50,000! I could retire! :idea: :laughing:

Seriously, best of luck to you.

Miffy xx

Annabelle
09-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Wow, £50,000! I could retire! :idea: :laughing:

Seriously, best of luck to you.

Miffy xx

Ha! yes, thats what my husband said, but its actually more complicated than that...after I'd read the small print!!!

I did post this to ask people to comment, but I also felt it would be good to help other childminders realise that there are these sorts of competitions out there and there is no reason why they shouldn't enter.

sarah707
09-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Fingers crossed for you! :clapping:

buildingblocks
09-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Tried to find it but can't see it