PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a bit emotional after first day of minding

swindonminder
09-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Hi,

How did you feel after your first day of minding. I feel quite overwhelmed and a bit emotional.

:(

PixiePetal
09-05-2011, 04:59 PM
I felt relieved that it had all gone well :)

but that was a long time ago, now when they leave I am exhausted :D

well done, you will soon slip into a routine :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
09-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Hope you feel okay - have a coffee and 5 mins to yourself. Well done for surviving :D

Minstrel
09-05-2011, 05:15 PM
It's probably a mixture of everything.

Tiredness

Relief

Pressure

Well done and It does get easier! :thumbsup:

miffy
09-05-2011, 05:17 PM
I can't remember, it's too long ago! :panic: :laughing:

I've just started back today after 2 weeks holiday and I'm totally shattered, so maybe that's the same!

You'll soon get in the swing of things.

Miffy xx

swindonminder
09-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Thank you, feeling much better now I have had 5mins to myself.

:)

miffy
09-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Thank you, feeling much better now I have had 5mins to myself.

:)

Glad to hear it - will be better tomorrow (at least that's what I'm telling myself!)

Miffy xx

gingerella
09-05-2011, 06:05 PM
I felt quite overwhelmed at first but you will soon slip into a routine that works for everyone and your mindees become part of the family :) Good luck with tomorrow

glitzygal
09-05-2011, 06:13 PM
I felt the same, although it went to quick.......10 years later,,,, still enjoying it,, got a good group of minding friends and we all help each other.....

heres to the next few years to us both,xxx

Penny1959
09-05-2011, 07:40 PM
I felt shattered, proud of myself and looking forward to the next day.

Penny

Maza
09-05-2011, 08:10 PM
I felt very emotional throughout the first day. I felt trapped as I couldn't just put my LO in the buggy and go off to the supermarket and I felt like I wasn't giving my LO the attention that she was used to getting. I was also so scared that I had forgotten to get something signed etc. You'll soon relax and start to enjoy it. x

Trouble
09-05-2011, 08:32 PM
i think i went to bed after tea:laughing: :laughing:

Ripeberry
09-05-2011, 08:47 PM
I was just glad that mindee had not hurt himself and did not spend the whole day crying. It did help that the settling in was during the August holidays so I had my DDs for company, but the first day with just me and the mindee in September was a bit scary.

Back to work tomorrow and I've invited 3 other CMs round to my house as our usual CM group is closed and so in total we may end up with 10 kids in total :eek:

May look like a bombsite afterwards mind you :D

Trouble
09-05-2011, 08:52 PM
I was just glad that mindee had not hurt himself and did not spend the whole day crying. It did help that the settling in was during the August holidays so I had my DDs for company, but the first day with just me and the mindee in September was a bit scary.

Back to work tomorrow and I've invited 3 other CMs round to my house as our usual CM group is closed and so in total we may end up with 10 kids in total :eek:

May look like a bombsite afterwards mind you :D

was that an open your mouth moment and think oh god after it ????

i have those oh come here the more the merrier!:eek:

Ripeberry
09-05-2011, 09:29 PM
was that an open your mouth moment and think oh god after it ????

i have those oh come here the more the merrier!:eek:

Well, my mindee is very used to ALL the toys being HIS and his only. So he may have a meltdown or just let them play with it. He might not feel so bad when his baby brother starts later this week and plays with 'his' toys.
He knows all these kids from the playgroup anyway, but not in his 'territory' .
Should be interesting :rolleyes: