PDA

View Full Version : Ewww. My mindee was just sick

venus89
09-05-2011, 12:23 PM
The first time in over three years I've had one who has been. Hopefully the last time too, although not a messy on - it looked like cut up fried egg :panic:

He was pale and tired from 11 onwards, sick at half twelve. I phoned for him to be picked up - family member is on their way. Now of course he looks brighter (but is confined to the sofa with a towel and strict instructions to throw up on the towel if he's going to again, I don't do sick :rolleyes:

So, is it normal to feel guilty about sending them home when they've been sick just once?

Flisspaps
09-05-2011, 12:27 PM
I would imagine so, but not half as guilty as him being sick twice and you having not rung anyone, or if your other mindees or you were all sick tomorrow as well!

venus89
09-05-2011, 12:32 PM
That's a very good point.

cs01
09-05-2011, 12:38 PM
I once sent a mindee home who was only sick once and then asked parents to keep them home for 48 hours, as per my policy. This child was not sick again so I felt guilty for insisting they kept him home but how was I to know this at the time.

I nearly did say to parents to send him but then I thought about how I would feel if other mindees or my own children were then poorly.

The parents were fine but I felt guilty!

venus89
09-05-2011, 12:46 PM
I once sent a mindee home who was only sick once and then asked parents to keep them home for 48 hours, as per my policy. This child was not sick again so I felt guilty for insisting they kept him home but how was I to know this at the time.

I nearly did say to parents to send him but then I thought about how I would feel if other mindees or my own children were then poorly.

The parents were fine but I felt guilty!

Yes, I've said don't forget he can't come in tomorrow either,I'm afraid.

But he had said to me earlier (he's nearly 3) that he'd had a poorly tummy. Now with him you don't know if that was yesterday or a month ago so I didn't think anything of it but now I'm wondering....

samb
09-05-2011, 06:09 PM
I seem to attract sick! lol! When I worked as a nursery nurse I had a child throw up ON ME on my 2nd day! When I worked as a nanny I worked even when the children were ill so had plenty of sick to clear up from the 4 of them and then in my 3rd week of childminding, yes, I had a child who threw up all over my glass panelled door as I tried to rush her to the bathroom when she started looking a bit peaky!

On the positive side, I am not too bothered by it anymore - bring it on! lol

LOOPYLISA
09-05-2011, 06:15 PM
I don't mind anything else but puke bleugh :laughing:

Ali56
09-05-2011, 06:50 PM
I don't mind anything else but puke bleugh :laughing:

Not a fan of sick either :panic:

We have a bowl that is used exclusively for the purpose and its always handy (in boiler cupboard!) although thankfull rarely used :laughing: