PDA

View Full Version : Bombshell .... parent wants to go to adhoc contract

Zoomie
09-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Last Wed, parent asked for a quick word.

Basically have almost full time contract (M-F) for younger mindee, and before school and holidays for older sibling.

Parent says that they wanted to change to adhoc days. I immediately asked if the days they require are the same each week, and they said they were not, but would let me have a list of days they require till the end of the school year.

Fast forward to today, and the list involves 6 days in May, 5 days in June, 5 days in July and 7 days in August. :eek: :eek:

I understand where they are coming from and see that I really don't have much choice in the matter. They have also said that they understand that it is there loss if I can no longer guarantee the days because I get other mindees.

I am going to stick to my guns about being paid the full notice though.

Please wish me luck, and new mindee vibes too :panic: :panic:

Alibali
09-05-2011, 12:53 PM
What a shame, they're going to struggle to get someone to do that.

Zoomie
09-05-2011, 01:11 PM
What a shame, they're going to struggle to get someone to do that.

I don't think they are going to struggle to get someone to do that ... very few enquiries in my neck of the woods :(, so lucky for them, I have to take what I can.

Alibali
09-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Hope it works out well, we are short of childcare in our area, so can pick and choose a bit. xx

Milli147
09-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Oh that's really rubbish, poor you. It's awful when you feel like you have no choice. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that a nice shiny new f/t mindee comes along soon x

Zoomie
09-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Was busy on childcare.co.uk last night and have a prospective coming on Wednesday for a visit.

Problem is that I would have to fiddle things a bit to get Ofsted to grant a variation (have a variation in place already, but of course it is in old mindees name).

jumpinjen
09-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Last Wed, parent asked for a quick word.

Basically have almost full time contract (M-F) for younger mindee, and before school and holidays for older sibling.

Parent says that they wanted to change to adhoc days. I immediately asked if the days they require are the same each week, and they said they were not, but would let me have a list of days they require till the end of the school year.

Fast forward to today, and the list involves 6 days in May, 5 days in June, 5 days in July and 7 days in August. :eek: :eek:

I understand where they are coming from and see that I really don't have much choice in the matter. They have also said that they understand that it is there loss if I can no longer guarantee the days because I get other mindees.

I am going to stick to my guns about being paid the full notice though.

Please wish me luck, and new mindee vibes too :panic: :panic:

You could state higher fees for adhoc hours perhaps as they aren't using you regularly..... Jen x

The Juggler
09-05-2011, 08:46 PM
could you say it's a min. of x days per month hon. Well they have to give a month to change to ad-hoc and explain to them that you will try to fill the spaces. I hope you find someone else :)

Trouble
09-05-2011, 09:00 PM
i had one of these a few years ago i would agree but look for other kids to fill the spaces then see there faces when you saym good bye :D

ChocolateChip
09-05-2011, 09:15 PM
That is a big difference hun, poor you.
Well do as you said, hold out for the notice fees and get advertising, fingers crossed for you!

flowerpots
10-05-2011, 05:31 AM
just sending some good luck your way hun, hope you get a lovely, new, full-time mindee soon. xxxx

peach
10-05-2011, 09:42 AM
What does adhoc mean ? :blush:

SammyM
10-05-2011, 01:02 PM
What does adhoc mean ? :blush:

Every now and again, as required!