PDA

View Full Version : thinking of finishing :-(

welshcake
08-05-2011, 06:07 PM
I have worked really hard to set up my business and recently got a grading of good in all areas for my first inspection i do have some lovely families and could take more on and have an assistant but its starting to affect me physically.

i have always suffered with a bad back and i am a single mum so i am it as far as my kids go. when the old government was in it paid for me to work but the new government are going to take off me so much with one thing and another i worked out best part of £6000 with my own kids having to be included in my number i can only take 3 by the time i have the children i have i am only making £35 a month over what i would of got off the government and out of that exspenses have to come off so basically i am loosing :-(

Now i want to work i have been advised i shouldnt because of my back but i really want to but god they make it so difficult for u too work and so i have to make a decision wether to carry on and loose money along with making my back worse or to take a step back for now and concerntrate on my family and me.

am really annoyed by all this. :(

Twinkle-Toes
08-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Hiya,

I'm not even registered yet so can't offer much personal experience but the over riding reason i want to do this job is to IMPROVE my families lives and also my own work/life balance etc

From what you are saying it's just a lose/lose situation for you at the minute. You must put your families happiness and your own well being as the priority.

Hope you can make the decision that is right for you,

Take care,
Kate

glitzygal
08-05-2011, 06:48 PM
so sorry to hear this, it is such a shame, you sound you really dont want to give up.

is there no way you can get an assisstant to do the heavy stuff, and what about taking on older school age children, over 8's they dont need lifting so are very capable helping out to. i know money is the route of all evil, but it might be worth your while,

i hope this helps, sorry if you still feel stuck.

the system is all wrong, you want to work and yet you get less money.....dosent make sence..

welshcake
08-05-2011, 06:59 PM
sadly even with taking an assistant i will still loose out and tbh there isnt any work in my area for over 6 yr olds and generally have struggled to fill what i got its proper poo. :(

Katiekoo
08-05-2011, 07:19 PM
You sound like you have put a lot of effort into setting up, it's such a shame to give up, you must feel very let down. Your health has to come first - your own children need you to be well and fit.
Just an idea - I don't know if this would work but - Would you be able to reduce your hours to the maximum allowed to still recieve the government help? Is it something like under 16 hours? Maybe you could run for these hours but full, getting maximum from the government and making a little extra money, plus you'd retain your registration to run again in future should your circumstances change.
I don't know if this is a viable option - it would be a shame to give up completely, but clearly you can't continue as you are. Good luck with your decision. :)

welshcake
08-05-2011, 07:22 PM
sadly i thought the same but because i get assistant financially with my ill health i loose so much as would have to give this up and if i was able to do it without causing me pain etc then i would go fot it but i am suffering with sleeping with pain down my arms which in turn give me headaches i can keep one child who doesnt need to be lifted so i think i can do that and leave it at that for now which means i dont loose my registration but i know i will have to give notice to the others and feel sad but for once i really need to put me first x

Katiekoo
08-05-2011, 07:36 PM
feel sad but for once i really need to put me first x
And you really must put yourself first when it comes to your health, well done you :thumbsup:

welshcake
08-05-2011, 07:43 PM
I havnt done upto now at all and thats why i think i need to for once in my life

The Juggler
08-05-2011, 09:29 PM
oh hon sorry to hear this. I know you want to work but being this much worse off (financially and healthwise) by working, doesn't sound like it's the right option for now. Maybe working out of the home in a less physcial job once the kids are older (at school) where you would end up getting some childcare help (which you won't know) sounds like a better option for you. :)

Hope you sleep better soon.xx