PDA

View Full Version : Childminder signs in car windows

sarahcoutts21
27-04-2008, 09:01 PM
i was looking at getting a sign for the back of my car saying im a registered with my telephone number etc on it do any of you do this?

Delly
27-04-2008, 09:11 PM
yes I have one, I bought it on ebay and it came with my number printed on it.
I think someone on this forum sells them actually

sarah707
27-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Yes! I have my website on my car and I've got enquiries from it... I park it very prominently at the local supermarket! :D

sarahcoutts21
27-04-2008, 09:19 PM
lol thanks sarah very cunning as usual i will defo get one now lol :D

carolinel
27-04-2008, 09:39 PM
I have one too, but i made mine myself. did it in Word then laminated it, cut it out, punched a hole in the top and stuck a sucker through it. looks really good and was easy to do.

Rubybubbles
27-04-2008, 09:40 PM
mines from ebay, for £10 looks good:thumbsup: but had only 1 call from it:laughing:

jordanann
27-04-2008, 09:45 PM
I've got car magnets for each side of my car, as not registered yet not been able to see the response. But my friend has them too she has had them for a few years now and said that she gets enquires through them.
I got mine from vistaprint i paid £15 for the two and that included postage.

www.vistaprint.co.uk

Love Lisa
xx xx xx

Donkey
27-04-2008, 09:51 PM
if you sign up to vista prints mailing list then they send you offers all the time.

I have 2 car signs coming for £2.70 postage each. bargain!

avril
28-04-2008, 07:29 AM
And don't forget the free business cards from vistaprint, which I still have to do!!

Avril x:)

Gherkin
28-04-2008, 08:00 AM
I got my free business cards from vista print the other week and think they are great. I paid to up load my logo. Also bought some postit notes - couldn't help myself.

susi513
28-04-2008, 09:09 AM
I've got the car magnets from Vistaprint but paid full price. I forgot that they send out regular emails with free offers - if you wait til you get the email and click the link you can get it for free or at reduced rate depending on the email. Pays to wait. NB if you buy from vistaprint be careful to read the pages carefully when you put in the order as there is a misleading page that invites you to pay a monthly fee but if you don't read it properly it looks like you're just confirming your order. Other than that the site is great.

I've heard somebody got their magnets stolen! They are easy to take off, so if that worries you these are good alternative as they are inside your car:

Personalised Sun Blinds http://www.tsl-products.co.uk/show_product.php?id=tsl6002

Pudding Girl
28-04-2008, 09:45 AM
NB if you buy from vistaprint be careful to read the pages carefully when you put in the order as there is a misleading page that invites you to pay a monthly fee but if you don't read it properly it looks like you're just confirming your order. ]

yes :angry: I found out this too late,when it appeared on my card statement last week!!
it's very misleading!! You can cancel it though, if anyone is unsure if they have signed up, go into HELP and there is a link for VPREWARDS where you can unsubscribe.

deeb66
28-04-2008, 10:30 AM
I can see the benefits of putting advertising in the car and have often thought about doing it.

Problem is there are so many weirdo's out there that I am always put off and have never actually done it. :(

Michelle M
28-04-2008, 10:59 AM
I have the NCMA car stickers :)

Kelly
28-04-2008, 12:00 PM
I also use a sign in the car, but only put it up when I have got vacancies, I got mine on ebay and think it's great.

Kelly

Alibali
28-04-2008, 12:07 PM
I've got the car magnets from Vistaprint but paid full price. I forgot that they send out regular emails with free offers - if you wait til you get the email and click the link you can get it for free or at reduced rate depending on the email. Pays to wait. NB if you buy from vistaprint be careful to read the pages carefully when you put in the order as there is a misleading page that invites you to pay a monthly fee but if you don't read it properly it looks like you're just confirming your order. Other than that the site is great.

I've heard somebody got their magnets stolen! They are easy to take off, so if that worries you these are good alternative as they are inside your car:

Personalised Sun Blinds http://www.tsl-

products.co.uk/show_product.php?id=tsl6002

Yes, my friend got hers stolen. How strange, what do you think people want to do with them?

Ali xx

charleyfarley
28-04-2008, 12:13 PM
if you sign up to vista prints mailing list then they send you offers all the time.

I have 2 car signs coming for £2.70 postage each. bargain!

I had one of those but it flew off the car on the motorway on Saturday :laughing: Got to wait now till they offer me a freebie one again.

I do have window sun visors advertising my business with my phone number on though, at least I can't lose those.

I also try and park in the mother and baby spaces when possible

Carol xx

Spangles
28-04-2008, 02:47 PM
I was thinking of getting these but not sure if they are at risk of flying off on motorways! That's a bit worrying.

Couldn't that cause an accident to a following car?

susi513
29-04-2008, 05:45 PM
I had one of those but it flew off the car on the motorway on Saturday :laughing:

Carol xx

That doesn't sound too good. Write and complain, they might offer a freebie as an apology???????

DH wonders if its cos the company is in the States? They have lower speed limits over there don't they?

Michelle M
29-04-2008, 07:29 PM
I like the idea of the sun visors, where did you get those done? :)